Bangkok Garden Appartments

This appartment complex looks good, and my wife visited the place a few times to have a look. Sofar the impressions are good.

It is located on 289 New Sathorn Road.

I am considering a 2 bedroom appartment.

Can anyone share his/her experience with renting an appartment in this complex?

Is it suitable for a family with 2 small children?

Thai/expat or mainly expat?

How about the surroundings and public transport?

I have looked at their website Bangkok garden but the map of the location is not of much help. The scale of the map is unclear. Can anyone tell me how far it is to Saladaeng BTS station?

Any info is much appreciated,

Thanks.

This appartment complex looks good, and my wife visited the place a few times to have a look. Sofar the impressions are good.

It is located on 289 New Sathorn Road.

I am considering a 2 bedroom appartment.

Can anyone share his/her experience with renting an appartment in this complex?

Is it suitable for a family with 2 small children?

Thai/expat or mainly expat?

How about the surroundings and public transport?

I have looked at their website Bangkok garden but the map of the location is not of much help. The scale of the map is unclear. Can anyone tell me how far it is to Saladaeng BTS station?

Any info is much appreciated,

Thanks.

You can find some comments on Bangkok Garden here.

You might also want to do a search in "Real Estate, house and car ownership" forum.

Closest BTS station is Chong Nonsri. I'd say about 30 minutes walk from there. You'd probably get a cab to get there from the nearest BTS or subway station. And the traffic on Naratiwat Rd. toward the station isn't really so good. There's a expressway ramp on Rama 3 Rd. about 10 - 15 minutes from the condo. Lots of expats live there as I understand. Seems like a good place to live for a family with kids.

I live there :o having moved away from the Suk area due to some of the silly rents now being asked for. Note that I am not suggesting BKK Garden is necessarily cheap, but the rents are more appropriate for what is offered.

Location is generally good (depends on what you want of course). Close to Central & Lotus. Close to the Rama III toll entrance. The soi itself is quite quiet, although with plenty of food stalls etc, one 7-11 and two other convenience stores. Only slight problem is that there is a school at the Sathupradit end of the soi, which causes 10 minute queues to get out in the mornings during term times. Nearest BTS is Chong Nonsi - 10 mins / 50 baht in a taxi.

IMHO one big advantage of BKK Garden is that you contract directly with the juristic person, ie. not a private landlord, so repairs & maintenance are very prompt.

I have a 2 bed place and you can certainly fit two adults and two kids in. My GF's 4 year old son and 13 year old nephew stay with us during school hols and we aren't exactly bursting out of the seams.

Two swimming pools, one fitness room (which is OK but nothing special), one restaurant (the 'khao pat' is 'aroi' according to the GF), ping pong tables, basketball court ...... Enough to keep your kids entertained for a while at least?

BKK Garden is a mix of condo's (at one end of the development) and the rented apartments (at the other). There's a fair mix of Thais and farangs. A few Japanese thrown in for good measure. BKK Garden is owned by the same guy who owns Shrewsbury School nearby, so a lot of the farangs living there are teachers at the school (although I'm not one of them :D )

Hope this helps. Look me up if you move in.

Hi K Jean,

We actually have an apartment from this building listed in Roomfinder (I’m pretty sure it's the one) and they're asking 40,000 THB/Mo. for a 3 bed apt with space at 104 SQM.

There are 5 decent quality photos of the interior but I don't think you'll get a proper feeling for the place due to the cluttered rooms! (Sorry if the owner's reading this but you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression and it's recommended to show your property in the it's best light in order to make it attractive to potential tenants).

Here's the link: http://www.mrroomfinder.com/detail.php?id=447

Best regards

Aitch

Thanks guys,

Sounds like a nice place.

My wife already likes it, especially because there is a mix of foreigners and thais. I have a small list of rental properties to visit, but now Bangkok Garden is moving up a notch.

Can you have a private telphone line and/or adsl (vital for my work).

It seems they don't have private lines but i am not sure.

Aitch,

You are right, first impressions are everything. It is not only cluttered but it has shall i say a unique use of colors. :o

I don't know about private lines or installing ADSL - sorry. I don't work from home so a Lox Info local dial up is sufficient for my weekend surfing.

The apartment that is shown in the link above is not one of the rented apartments. I'm certain it's one of the privately owned condos that the owner is obviously now renting out. The "unique" colour scheme is just that - not the standard BKK Garden issue. Renting privately will have the usual advantages and disadvantages.

When I was thinking of moving there I just drove over and asked at the Sales Dept about apartment availability. They seem to keep one or two rooms as pristine "show homes" and took me to look at them there and then. If K Jean hasn't already done that, I'd recommend doing so.

CC,

Thanks for the info. My wife is doing the research at this moment and narrowing it down to a few sites. I am in the Netherlands right now and when i return it is nice to have a list of good places.

If you use dial up internet are you using your own telephone line or one using the pabx (telephone switch) from Bangkok garden. Also do yo get cut off or can you be online as long as you want. ADSL would be nice, but a dial up will work.

I'm not technically minded but .... you have to prefix your dial number with "0" so I assume it's via the BKK Garden switch?

CS Lox is reliable enough. I can go an hour or more without getting cut off. Not terribly fast though at times (can be as low as 31 kps sometimes). Not brilliant but OK for me. Wouldn't want to download large file attachments though.

I'm sure you already know that ADSL is easily available in Thailand now? Personally, I haven't bothered installing it as I'm only renting at BKK Garden and may move on again next year. There are plenty of threads elsewhere in the forum about the various service providers and their relative merits, so I'll leave that to you to have a look at.

HTH.