Thanksgiving Offerings From Butter Is Better

butterisbetter

Butter is Better will be making Apple Pies, Pumpkin Pies, and Cranberry Sauce for Thanksgiving. You can also order Rhubarb, Cherry, or Blueberry pie. Our pies are made with real old fashioned butter crusts. No margarine

Our cranberry sauce will be made from real cranberries. (I know, what else would it be made from?) It will definitely be cheaper than the stuff in cans, and I like to think it will taste better too. It's the kind with whole cranberries, not just jelly. We're going to keep the cranberry sauce basic. That way, people can customize it to their tastes if they want to. I prefer mine plain and simple.

prices and shop location?

I use the one on Changklan Rd opposite Georgio's.

It was my worst discovery in Chiang Mai, because I'd given up eating all those delicious items, but as I go past there often on my way home, I have now got back into the habit. rolleyes.gif

Locations

Our bakery and restaurant is located on the Chang Klan road just about 100 meters south of the end of the night bazaar or 100 metes south of Pantip Plaza..

map%20of%20restaurant%20for%20business%20card2.gif

Our bakery outlet is inside Rim Ping Supermarket Mee Chock Branch which is on the Mae Jo Road. The store is located just inside the main door of the supermarket. As soon as you enter, turn right, and you will see us there.

mi-chok-small-scale-map-with-large-scale-inset.gif

Locations

Our bakery and restaurant is located on the Chang Klan road just about 100 meters south of the end of the night bazaar or 100 metes south of Pantip Plaza..

Our bakery outlet is inside Rim Ping Supermarket Mee Chock Branch which is on the Mae Jo Road. The store is located just inside the main door of the supermarket. As soon as you enter, turn right, and you will see us there.

Oneupmanship eh?

I'm sure almost everyone knows the location of (the northern) Rimping and Mee Chok. However, as I indicated to BisB just a day or so ago, the map shows Butter is Better, and Rimping Market, and Mee Chok Plaza in the wrong place. That is, the map posted above needs a tiny modification (3 kms, approx).

For those new to the area or neighborhood, go north from the superhighway toward Maejo (the main 1001 highway), on the Chiang Mai - Maejo Rd. (One sign tells us that this same road is the way to Phrao). The middle ring road, the next traffic light, will bring you home to the Butter is Better outlet and the rest of its outbuildings - all on the N.W. corner. :welcomeani:

Edited by CMX

You can pick up your orders either at Mee Chok or Chang Klan. I'll contact Meals on Wheels 4U and see if they can deliver as well.

Thanks! With a delivery option I am sure I will order several (and maybe more than once!)

Locations

I thank you need a navigator UG. MeeChok Plaza is on the 1001 not the 118.:lol:

Locations

I thank you need a navigator UG. MeeChok Plaza is on the 1001 not the 118.:lol:

http://maps.google.c...8.810037,99.005

Once again Greensides Map to the rescue. He has "Ruam Choek Plaza" ,as he spells it (and that may be more correct than " Mi Chok" ), placed accurately on the main1001 rather than its little brother and clearly designated in blue.

Edited by Asmerom

I have never eaten at Pratties. A friend has dropped off a few items from there a few times. Their lasagna is amazing. :thumbsup:

What type of restaurant is Pratties?

Nice, clean and simple. Sets on the east side of Rimping (Meechok Plaza) Ran by an Aussie and his wife. Great food at a very reasonable price.

I have never eaten at Pratties. A friend has dropped off a few items from there a few times. Their lasagna is amazing. :thumbsup:

Nice, clean and simple. Sets on the east side of Rimping (Meechok Plaza) Ran by an Aussie and his wife. Great food at a very reasonable price.

Is it Italian?

Is it Italian?

No Aussie but he does know what he is doing.

Western menu. Charles and Ann(e?) offer staple favourites much like those that are the subject of many discussions: fish and chips, of course, and Full English breakfasts, but that's just a bit of their menu, which includes sandwiches and marvelous specials - Ulysses also pronounced their pizzas to be to his taste. Shines in quality of ingredients and savvy of the chef's recipes, IMEO.

A Scot, I believe, is to purchase the place and so the last day of the originals will be Sunday, the 21 of this month.

Praties of course means potatoes in Gaelic, a reference to one of Charles' ancestors. Now I mention all this because I can confirm over in Rimping market (inside and to the right) that my pie is ready (or in my case, the chocolate torte), and eased in my mind, go over and have a nice meal before taking home the B is Better treats, breads, and so forth - and they will safely get home without my having put a hole in them. A no-loose parlay. (And no, I have NO interest - OK, food.) B)

Edited by CMX

Western menu. Charles and Ann(e?) offer staple favourites much like those that are the subject of many discussions: fish and chips, of course, and Full English breakfasts, but that's just a bit of their menu, which includes sandwiches and marvelous specials - Ulysses also pronounced their pizzas to be to his taste. Shines in quality of ingredients and savvy of the chef's recipes, IMEO.

A Scot, I believe, is to purchase the place and so the last day of the originals will be Sunday, the 21 of this month.

Praties of course means potatoes in Gaelic, a reference to one of Charles' ancestors. Now I mention all this because I can confirm over in Rimping market (inside and to the right) that my pie is ready (or in my case, the chocolate torte), and eased in my mind, go over and have a nice meal before taking home the B is Better treats, breads, and so forth - and they will safely get home without my having put a hole in them. A no-loose parlay. (And no, I have NO interest - OK, food.) B)

Rats. There goes the neighbourhood. A Scotsman.:lol: