New Flights From Cnx

folium

Thanks getlost for correcting my last topic. It now seems that all 4 of these destinations, SIN, HKG, HAt YAi & Buri Ram have been loaded on to Air Asia's booking system. No mention of schedules or when they start though.

My question to those more experienced in the ways of AA is this. Does this mean that these routes will happen soon, that they might test them over the Xmas period, or they just float the idea to see what sort of response they get (from websites like this) and may never actually fly the route? What do you reckon?

Interesting

Airasia initially had a 6 month trial flight to manado,sulawesi, to test the route

They promised flights to kathmandu, but apparently Malaysian Airlines thought it a promising route, and being the national airline, prevented airasia from getting the final permission needed to fly from Kuala Lumpur airport

Can anyone explain why I can no longer get the airasia site to work on my PC?

Bangkok Post said today:

"Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport is Thai AirAsia's main hub.

Scheduled for a Jan 24 launch, the airline will commence two routes out of Chiang Mai using the A320 _ one to Singapore and the other to Hat Yai, both on a daily basis."

Article also claimed that AirAsia was intending to make cnx one of its Thailand hubs. (Phuket too.) I feel that it will be a race between our Chiang Mai hub and National Reconciliation, hoping against hope for a very early tie.

Edited by CMX

Bangkok Post said today:

"Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi airport is Thai AirAsia's main hub.

Scheduled for a Jan 24 launch, the airline will commence two routes out of Chiang Mai using the A320 _ one to Singapore and the other to Hat Yai, both on a daily basis."

Article also claimed that AirAsia was intending to make cnx one of its Thailand hubs. (Phuket too.) I feel that it will be a race between our Chiang Mai hub and National Reconciliation, hoping against hope for a very early tie.

Interesting. The second coming may actually happen.

That Hat Yai one would be especially useful as her in doors is from that neck of the woods, and currently having to go through 'The Swamp' is a right pain. The addition of the Phuket leg was also good. Thai were the only ones to offer that leg previously (and only heading south) for around 5k for cattle class!

They issued an indication to run the Ubon Ratchatani to Phuket route about 6 months ago. Then about 4 months ago it appeared on their drop down list of destinations, then a month later you could book flights and now it's running - and you can book flights well into next year. May give you some comfort that they will give these new CNX routes a good try out at least.

9 months ago there were rumours of an Ubon to CNX route but it then morphed into Ubon to Phuket. Pity - I would use the CNX route far more regularly. As it is I might think about getting a bus/train/drive to Buriram and flying from there. Perhaps they are hoping to suck Issaan dwellers into Buriram. Would be good if they could engineer some secure cheap long-stay parking at Buriram airport. Perhaps I'll suggest it to them if that route gets up and running

AA is proving to be a very successful low cost carrier - if the expansion rates of RyanAir and Easy Jet will be emulated here, look out for a lot more new routes in the coming couple of years

It will be good if Air Asia can do the Cnx To Singapore.

Because Silk Air is the only flights that do this route.

Someone can correct me if i am wrong. :D

You are correct - Tiger had a go at CNX/SIN a few years ago but it didn't last sadly. Silk could certainly do with some competition as their fares are very high. Hope AA can make a go of it.

<br />Singapore and Hat Yai go on sale Wednesday, flights starting 24 January:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion/rr1590111.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>CNX Flights</a><br /><br />No mention of Buri Ram though.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Looks like getlost's pessimism was misplaced. Glad to see that these flights will be happening.

Why Hat Yai? What's the attraction of the place? Or is it a way to get more Malaysians to visit Chiang Mai?

Shame there are no CNX-HKG flights, not only for CM residents but also as a means of attracting more tourists here.