Mehkong Whiskey

iSabai

Story I was told was that the are remarketing it. New label etc and will return to the market soon.

Sounds like the only plausible answer I've read here AC. Okay, so it's the ONLY answer I've read here.

So maybe a re-branding and re-marketing in the future? Guess we'll have to wait and see. I thought I'd read somewhere that the guy behind Mehkong is very influential (rich!) and so I found it hard to believe that they would have just gone out of business. And back 25 years ago when I made my first trip to Thailand, it was THE Thai whiskey, so it's got a 'history' of sorts.

And Kenny, you think it smells bad?? I always thought it smelled like sugar... which it basically is! I actually prefer Sang Som, but it is 40% compared to 35% for Mehkong, so sometimes I would choose Mehkong as a less potent option.

Sounds like the only plausible answer I've read here AC. Okay, so it's the ONLY answer I've read here.

So maybe a re-branding and re-marketing in the future? Guess we'll have to wait and see. I thought I'd read somewhere that the guy behind Mehkong is very influential (rich!) and so I found it hard to believe that they would have just gone out of business. And back 25 years ago when I made my first trip to Thailand, it was THE Thai whiskey, so it's got a 'history' of sorts.

And Kenny, you think it smells bad?? I always thought it smelled like sugar... which it basically is! I actually prefer Sang Som, but it is 40% compared to 35% for Mehkong, so sometimes I would choose Mehkong as a less potent option.

Yes I have had Mehkong and thought it smelt of a very heavy damp smell, I do prefer Sangsom very nice with Coke.. but like Chang beer I can not remember a thing the next day, could be the amount of course lol

Yes I have had Mehkong and thought it smelt of a very heavy damp smell, I do prefer Sangsom very nice with Coke.. but like Chang beer I can not remember a thing the next day, could be the amount of course lol

Take a whiff from a bottle of Lao Khao sometime. It will elevate the status of the smell of Mehkong in your mind, I guarantee it! smile.gif

Take a whiff from a bottle of Lao Khao sometime. It will elevate the status of the smell of Mehkong in your mind, I guarantee it! smile.gif

My Gf (Thai) has just told me yes smelly,