Room On The Beach, Snorkling, Beach Bar?

seabassskin

Going for a long weekend to Koh Chang, never been before.

Looking for:

a room on the beach, comfortable, safe, clean, no need for 5 star facilities

nice beach bar

swimming pool

Sandy beach (snorkling?)

Good local food

Nice atmosphere

have car, so do not need to be in the middle of the busy areas

Any reccomdations?

Many thanks

^^^^^ABSOLUTE RUBBISH^^^^^

While the landslide and flood did occur (a month ago yesterday) all the repairs were made weeks ago. A worker died when one unfinished bungalow collapsed--unfortunate in any case but certainly less than "a few deaths". The weather has been fine for 10 days--not a drop of rain. The landslide damage to the road (2 places only) has long been repaired. Many nice resorts have bargain prices.

Visit several websites--www.iamkohchang.com is a good start--and you'll have a plethora of choices.

Methinks the above poster has his own agenda...

While the landslide and flood did occur (a month ago yesterday) all the repairs were made weeks ago. A worker died when one unfinished bungalow collapsed--unfortunate in any case but certainly less than "a few deaths". The weather has been fine for 10 days--not a drop of rain. The landslide damage to the road (2 places only) has long been repaired. Many nice resorts have bargain prices.

Visit several websites--www.iamkohchang.com is a good start--and you'll have a plethora of choices.

Spot on kloghead

Bedrockguesthouse before spouting that nonsense perhaps you should get your facts right, or leave it up to people who know what they are talking about.

OP - as said before look on iamkohchang many options. I would say white sand a bit touristy, kai bae difficult for parking so make sure if you stay your resort has a car park. Khlong Prao good, many resorts to suit all budgets and reasonably central for driving around the west coast. As for snorkelling Koh chang rarley has good clear water, if your here long enough try a snorkeling boat trip to some of the island further south, the water tends to be a bit better there. As you have a car I would recomend a trip round to the east coast to see the old fishing villages, you'll be amazed at the differences between the two sides (dont forget there is no road across the bottom of the island between Bang Bao and Salak Phet!)

Edited by sketcher

altho my info may have been a 4 weeks old was just passing on what he may not have heard. I think he would have also checked out further sources before making his decision. Yeah right agenda i can see where i mentioned the area i live in or other options. Have a drink on me and chill ....:D

• 2 months later...

Hi,

The trip never happened but now it looks like it will be March!

Had a look on www.iamkohchang.com , nice site to read, good info, thanks

What about north white sand beach, any suggestions where to stay there, looks like it is a bit less busy there?

How is the beach of Klong Prao, sandy?

altho my info may have been a 4 weeks old was just passing on what he may not have heard. I think he would have also checked out further sources before making his decision. Yeah right agenda i can see where i mentioned the area i live in or other options. Have a drink on me and chill ....:D