Murphy Bed

rmbrodie

Can anyone please tell me where I can buy a Murphy Bed, either locally made, or imported but in stock, here in Thailand? (A Murphy bed is a bed that can be lifted up and stored neatly in a cabinet.)

Thanks

Can anyone please tell me where I can buy a Murphy Bed, either locally made, or imported but in stock, here in Thailand?  (A Murphy bed is a bed that can be lifted up and stored neatly in a cabinet.)

Thanks

I know you can get them in Thailand but I'm not sure where. When I tried a search all I got were scam pages full of google ads. :o

It shouldn't be hard to have one made if you go to a local furniture maker and explain what you want.

cv

I have not looked for such but there is a fairly good furniture floor at The Mall, Bangkapi that you might ask around. There are many of the major shops and if you have a photo or explain what you want they should be able to help. This would probably be true of the other larger shopping malls also.

I would think a convertible sofa might be a better idea as a cabinet is still going to take up room without function.

Beware of having a shop "just make one" since the value of a murphy bed is the ablity to raise it into the wall or its cabinet easily.

The mechanism that does this must be of quality to work well and be strong enough to work well for years.

That involves engineering and know how. If your serious about a murphy bed, I would order the mechanism from a western country manufacturer that makes nothing else than "hide a beds" and have the mattress and platform made here.