Philippine Look Down To Thailand

challenger99

It concern once more the "human right" of free travel. It seem as I read in the WEB of Embassy of the Philippines in Bangkok, that Thailand is disciminated. The Philippines do not let travel out Filipinas even holding a "verified and signed" document as "Affidavit of sponsor" by the Embassy of Philippines in BKK.

I read carefuly this reglementation because last year happen an Immigration officer stop my girl friend to travel to Thailand. Even after I made a "Affidavit of invitation" signed by the Embassy of Philippines in BKK, a new Immigration Officer in Manila asked for a 5000 PHP bribe to let her go. Once loose a flight ticket is enough, only after I declered fly to Manila to accompagnish my girlfriend the Immigration Officer let her go.

In my opinion this is a bad step against Thailand, towns in Thailand aren't more dangerous then other countries, even I like say eg. in Bangkok a woman can feel her more safen then in Manila or other big towns in the Philippines where the crime permanent increase.

So be careful invite a Filipina as friend or epouse, easy you loose the investment of a flight ticket or even more !!! The Affidavit of Invitation for which you pay 1250 THB is not more of value then a toilet paper !!!

Here the Link to the Phil Embassy in BKK ... today on main page http://www.philembassy-bangkok.net/ later go direct to

http://www.philembas...the-philippines-

This reglementation have the ONLY effect, it support the corrupt Immigration Officers of the Philippines !!!

Beside the Philippine Authority should take more care of Filipinas which travel to UAE (United Arabic Emirates) and other countries where abuse is frequent and thankful to Thailand which give many Filipinas excellent jobs as teacher etc.

Edited by challenger99

I have traveled to the Philippines many time and my wife is also a Filipina. My wife herself has never had any problems departing from Manila but on many occasions I have seen girls in tears at the airport where the immigration officer has refused exit because of some silly reason. I.e paperwork not correct or no forwarding address or hotel booking. We had one friend who recently flew from Clark and was refused exit because one of her papers was not dated correctly. She lost her flight and had to pay top price for the next day flight. She was sure that the immigration officer was looking for a bribe to let her go.. but she said she would rather pay for another flight which cost her a lot more that any bribe, not to give satisfaction to a crooked immigration officer. My advice to anyone who is considering bringing their Filipina g/f or wife here or any other destination is to make sure all her documents are 100% correct and in order. It does seem to me though that Immigration Officers in the Philippines can give any reason to refuse exit if they really want.

It has nothing to do with Thailand. The Philippines feels they must limit travel of there citizens due to exploitation world-wide and actively enforce this on those trying to depart and who can not provide satisfactory evidence of reasons for doing so. It was the same policy 25 years ago when I was living there. It is, like most things in the Philippines, abused by the taint of corruption. But it is there policy and effects travel anywhere.

It has nothing to do with Thailand. The Philippines feels they must limit travel of there citizens due to exploitation world-wide and actively enforce this on those trying to depart and who can not provide satisfactory evidence of reasons for doing so. It was the same policy 25 years ago when I was living there. It is, like most things in the Philippines, abused by the taint of corruption. But it is there policy and effects travel anywhere.

I accept, you know maybe better both situations, Philippines and Thailand but as I read in many informations the target are women which fly out to Bangkok, it seem Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur etc. are not considered. The dirty thing is, they should find a system, a checking before some have flight ticket in hand. Can be easy that the Embassy check a foreigner worth a "affidavat of invitation" and his conditions. My future epouse was stoped 2 times even holding a credit card of Siam Commercial Bank and confirmed "affidavit of invitation" in hand. For this I say again such law or behavior is the best soil for corruption. I am proud have the chance live here.

I have traveled to the Philippines many time and my wife is also a Filipina. My wife herself has never had any problems departing from Manila but on many occasions I have seen girls in tears at the airport where the immigration officer has refused exit because of some silly reason. I.e paperwork not correct or no forwarding address or hotel booking. We had one friend who recently flew from Clark and was refused exit because one of her papers was not dated correctly. She lost her flight and had to pay top price for the next day flight. She was sure that the immigration officer was looking for a bribe to let her go.. but she said she would rather pay for another flight which cost her a lot more that any bribe, not to give satisfaction to a crooked immigration officer. My advice to anyone who is considering bringing their Filipina g/f or wife here or any other destination is to make sure all her documents are 100% correct and in order. It does seem to me though that Immigration Officers in the Philippines can give any reason to refuse exit if they really want.

I see the only chance if each time when I Filipina want travel we accompagnish her as you do with your wife, but lets see if I where married and she live abroad, the same mess start if we would like invite a sister of her. it's apoint I give up move to the Philippines even it's a wonderful country.