Washing Machines In Thailand

We previously bought a kitchen oven and washing machine of Siemens as I had (mistakenly) assumed that they are a reliable brand, both of which have suffered problems after a relatively short period of use. It has just been suggested to me that replacement parts for our washing machine will be in the region of 5,000 Baht. At that price it might make more economic sense to buy a new machine.

So can anyone recommend a brand here that is reliable and reasonably priced with a longer than usual 1 year guarantee and when things go wrong won’t cost a fortune to be repaired with expensive replacement parts?

We've had one 550 baht repair on a five year old Siemens (made in Thailand) front load washing machine. For that 550 baht it included the Independent authorized Siemens dealer in Buriram to come and look at our machine, bring it to his shop, replace the parts necessary, bring it back 45 minutes each way, and install it again at our home a week later. The current Siemens front load washing machines have a longer warranty for the motor and longer for the rest of the machine than the model I bought five years ago. I've facilitated two front load Samsung washing machine purchases (one made in Thailand, one made in China), both under 10,000 baht for village relatives and one made in China had a 1400 baht repair after the one year warranty period. LG front load washing machine models have excellent rankings in the Consumer Reports magazine tests you can see on line.

Cleaning the water intake filter and drain hose on a regular basis, plus the filter low in the machine seem to be part of the reason our Siemens has been so dependable. I also think that having clean filtered water to begin with for our home has made a significant difference in the function of those appliances. Our Siemens dish washing machine (made in Poland) is used every day at least once, sometimes for two loads of dishes, and has never had any need for a repair in our five years of ownership.

It will depend on what type you want. Most people here use top loading Japanese brands (different agitator system than US models) and that is what we use with 12kg Hitachi being current model. Don't believe any carry guarantee more than a year (except maybe for drum) but can say we have been using this 20k unit for four years now with daily usage of about 3 loads (clothing for 7 adults and 3 children) and it has not failed yet.

I can only reiterate the comments by kamalabob2,

"Cleaning the water intake filter and drain hose on a regular basis, plus the filter low in the machine seem to be part of the reason our Siemens has been so dependable."

I have just checked the wife's Siemens front loading machine model, its an XL Pro 1260, 5 years of constant use and no problems so far.

I can only reiterate the comments by kamalabob2,

"Cleaning the water intake filter and drain hose on a regular basis, plus the filter low in the machine seem to be part of the reason our Siemens has been so dependable."

I have just checked the wife's Siemens front loading machine model, its an XL Pro 1260, 5 years of constant use and no problems so far.

5 years ago I bought a new 22k baht Siemens front load

filter and pump has been replaced twice at 1200 baht each time. 2 years old engine/clutch gave up, cost original parts repair 5-6k baht, threw it out.

and got a LG frontload at similar price. totally vibration free and no problems at all in 3 years. Got 2 more within a year, one for proffesional use (sheets and towels for rental apartments in addition to ordinary laundry). No problems at all