Favourite Thai Domestic Airline?

cdnvic

Which airline do you prefer within Thailand?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I was impressed with the legroom in Nok's economy class. The seat was a bit narrow though, and I've never seen a commercial airliner bank so hard as when we lined up for final approach. Wife liked AirAsia but she says I would have been extremely cramped in there.

My interest in 1-2-Go, and it's parent, Orient Thai are related to my interest in classic airliners. :o

cv

I have flown with Thai, Bangkok and Phuket, they were all the same.

As far as airports go, I like Samui airport the best, it just doesn't feel like an airport at all, it's more like being at a bar on a beach and then the plane is waiting for you.

Flown with

Thai - so hot in the plane prior to take off - over 100 flights and everytime its boiling hot. Other than their VIP lounge I have nothing good to say for their domestic flights.... I still voted for them though as the rest are crap also.

Bangkok - scarey liitle prop planes

Air Asia - felt like a back backers convention

Use Nok Air/Thai Air Asia/Thai Airways regularly frm/to Chiang Mai.Have to say Nok Air was as good as Thai Airways and always on time and schedule.

Obviously Thai Airways has a better schedule but Nok is not bad.Thai Air Asia only has a few flights per day so difficult to find convenience with them.I also hate their free seating policy,as do not like the mad scramble to board and get a seat..............

Would not use 1-2-Gone/Orient(some of the eldest 747's flying)Thai.

cheers :o

Nok Air by far better than Thai in my limited experience. Three previous years on Thai every flight used bus gate (for no apparent reason) to Chiang Mai (standing room only).

Nok air no cost flight schedule change (Nok Plus) by phone and before time departures using terminal gates. Baggage in terminal in time took to walk from gate in Chiang Mai. Also very fast in Bangkok. Large business class seats at only 500 baht over cheapest discount fare. Helpful ground staff.

Thai - so hot in the plane prior to take off - over 100 flights and everytime its boiling hot. Other than their VIP lounge I have nothing good to say for their domestic flights.... I still voted for them though as the rest are crap also.

That probably has to do with the fact that the pilots have to turn off the air condition packs before engine start (they need the bleed air to start the engines)

...and where's PB Air!? ...I guess they'd be classified under "other" with their almost brand new ERJs/newer then most of the competition Boeing 767. :o

Edited by CitationX

Looks like Thai is doing something right :D

Programme on BBC radio 4 over the weekend discussing low cost airlines in the "Emerging Areas of S.E Asia" and the latest predictions is of anything up to 20 new L.C.Fly 0-By-Nights from the likes of not only LOS,Singers and Malaysia but also Indonesia,Phillipines,China (of Course)Honkers,Brunei :D Viet nam and Laos???....plus the Rai..bit further away.......keep your head down..... :o

That probably has to do with the fact that the pilots have to turn off the air condition packs before engine start (they need the bleed air to start the engines)

...and where's PB Air!? ...I guess they'd be classified under "other" with their almost brand new ERJs/newer then most of the competition Boeing 767. :o

That is what I have been told, but why isnt it hot on all other aircraft?

I flew silk air two weeks ago to Singapore and it was very cool, with directional airvents (also none of these on Thai Airways).

That is what I have been told, but why isnt it hot on all other aircraft?

I flew silk air two weeks ago to Singapore and it was very cool, with directional airvents (also none of these on Thai Airways).

Some aircraft after fans that cool the avionics (or other things that need cooling - I'm not sure for the hundreds of models out there) compartment in different parts of the aircraft. Sometimes air is bleed from this source into the gasper (overhead air nozels) and such (I assume maybe some aircraft don't have this ie - the aircraft you flew with Thai). Perhaps that's the source of your cool air on Silk Air (or maybe it was just cold out? :D).

I like Nok. They have a good image and the planes painted like birds appeals to me. They have biz class that is so cheap I just do it. Flight attendants extremely beautiful. Last but not least I just love the good old Boeing 737. For short hops I like a nice, solid, overdesigned plane that has been such a proven work horse of the skies.

• 4 weeks later...

In the past I always used Thai, but 2 years ago prices were more reasonable and there were plans for getting some discount (can you still somehow get a discount off of their published fares?)

Anyway, when I get back in a few weeks I guess I'll give Nok a try first, and pay the extra 535 baht (incl tax) just to check out the business class. Then next I will try Air Asia. Both of these airlines seem to be getting pretty good passenger reviews. Here are some examples:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/nok-air.htm

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/thai-air_asia.htm

Happy flying! :o

• 2 weeks later...
NOK AIR.................have taken it twice and both times excellent in every regard.  Have a flight booked to Hat Yai in two weeks.

Hat Yai! wow...I mentioned to my wife that I wanted to go to Trang. She quickly got out the map and saw how close it was to the "trouble" areas and said NO WAY! I got the same thing from her when we went to Phuket in May...due to ghosts. She got over that quickly as she did not want me going there alone! :o