Yale Alarm

blackdug

i have just got back to my house in jomtien after a while away and the yale alarm needs to be reset,, only problem is i don,t know how to do it and i have lost the cd that came with it that explained how to reset it again ,,any fine fellows out there that know how to do this can you please help me out and i will buy you a bottle for your troubles ...cheers...

i just got your pm rab c ..cheers yes it is wireless i had to turn it off completely last night as it was bleeping every 5 minutes and it was driving me nuts ......i am going to try the link you gave me but how successfull i am is another thing..something tells me it could be getting a damded good thrashing if it does not behave it,s self....cheers.........

i just got your pm rab c ..cheers yes it is wireless i had to turn it off completely last night as it was bleeping every 5 minutes and it was driving me nuts ......i am going to try the link you gave me but how successfull i am is another thing..something tells me it could be getting a damded good thrashing if it does not behave it,s self....cheers.........

The beeping on mine is when the batteries in the outside alarm unit are getting low. I didnt post the link as prefer that the instructions aren't universally available.

if the master control unit is beeping then its a battery problem somewhere in the system

it may well be the three piece rechargeable battery unit in the panel itself but unlikely

its easy to remove and you will need to go to Amorn and they will make you a new one

you can turn off the battery backup on the back, unplug the power and it won't beep anymore

BUT you may have to reprogram the whole system again if you leave it off for a long time as it will deplete the power in the memory battery inside the panel

then it forget everything and you will have to replace that battery and start as though it was a new install

its more likely to be a detector unit, so wait until its dark, turn the house lights down and then :

if you walk around the units whilst the alarms not set and look at a detection unit (wether it be PIR or door detection)

if it flashes red at you this is the unit that needs new batteries and is the one creating a system alert on the panel

the PIR have 3 AA batteries, the doors are flat watch /hearing aid batteries

the alarms sounders may need a battery change too

when setting the alarm it normally chirps twice, if it chirps three times it needs new batteries

i hope that helps

if the master control unit is beeping then its a battery problem somewhere in the system

it may well be the three piece rechargeable battery unit in the panel itself but unlikely

its easy to remove and you will need to go to Amorn and they will make you a new one

you can turn off the battery backup on the back, unplug the power and it won't beep anymore

BUT you may have to reprogram the whole system again if you leave it off for a long time as it will deplete the power in the memory battery inside the panel

then it forget everything and you will have to replace that battery and start as though it was a new install

its more likely to be a detector unit, so wait until its dark, turn the house lights down and then :

if you walk around the units whilst the alarms not set and look at a detection unit (wether it be PIR or door detection)

if it flashes red at you this is the unit that needs new batteries and is the one creating a system alert on the panel

when setting the alarm it normally chirps twice, if it chirps three times it needs new batteries

i hope that helps

thanks for the replys and after reading the above i am going to pass on it as i am not technical at all ,,,,,more chance of me building a nuclear bomb,,,,,is there no one that wants a good bottle of whiskey or such on me and who can come round and help me out ,,,,,as i got a bad feeling that this could be to much for a local thai to work out as well......pretty please anyone

i hope that helps

thanks for the replys and after reading the above i am going to pass on it as i am not technical at all ,,,,,more chance of me building a nuclear bomb,,,,,is there no one that wants a good bottle of whiskey or such on me and who can come round and help me out ,,,,,as i got a bad feeling that this could be to much for a local thai to work out as well......pretty please anyone