Christmas Day Dinner Outside Of Town - Options

mallmagician

Mrs Mallmagician and I wanted to escape Chiang Mai for a couple of nights over Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

We had stayed at Chiang Dao Nest before, so when I discovered their Christmas Eve BBQ, and Christmas Dinner, I was over the moon, as it would be an ideal break away for us after a pretty traumatic time recently.

Anyway, long story short, they dont have a room for us on Christmas Day, so we asked to just reserve 2 tickets for each of their parties, thinking we would get a room at a different resort that I know are available for both nights. They wanted 100% of the ticket price, which totals just shy of 4,400 baht for 2 tickets for each party (No accomodation in that figure). I explained that I would like to pay a deposit, and pay the rest in cash when we arrive, as right now, having just spent a huge chunk of money on a lost battle with one of our dogs health, we're a bit short of cash. They couldn't do that for us, so......

Does anyone know of anywhere serving a really good Christmas lunch, outside of Chiang Mai, with nice accommodation nearby?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Phil

PS - I know its fairly common to ask for 100% for the ticket, but its equally common to just reserve tickets for these things by paying a deposit of some sort. This isn't a complaint about Chiang Dao Nest, we found them to be excellent when we stayed there earlier in the year. It just seemed appropriate to mention, as that is exactly the sort of event/place we would like to go to.

Edited by mallmagician