Buying Land

At that price, obviously not a very popular beach, and in 3 years you havnt even built on it yet.

Yes, it is not a popular beach. For me, that is an advantage pricewise and peacewise. I haven't built yet because I don't live in Thailand. I don't plan on building until I get closer to retirement - 10 to 15 years from now. The area is convenient for me. 15 minutes from a Tesco Lotus. A 2 hour drive from the in-laws (not too close yet not too far away).

My point was that I was trying to see why the OP's land seemed so expensive to me. I don't know the area he is referring to but it still seems far from the areas where land is expected to be expensive such as Bangkok, Phuket, etc.

I completely agree with you on the issue of the land not having direct access. Yet another reason I'm puzzled about how expensive the land seems.

You broght land for you and your wife to build on in 10 - 15 years. I would say that is a bad idea. 10 - 15 Years in Thailand is a very very long time. There is about a 90 % chance you and your wife wont even be together in 15 years.

AND the land would have been sold off to help a family member out of trouble, guaranteed. :)

A UK guy near me lost ' their ' land investment in one year, CARDS.

And the guy next to me has been with his wife 27 years...whats your point???