Bangkok - Bali

glegolo

I personally wouldn't bother with an agency, book the flights and hotels on the Internet, that's what I have done for the last couple of years.

There might be an Air Asia offer coinciding with your preferred dates, I flew this year and last year for under 1,000 THB each. If you have young kids just bear in mind it's an early flight from BKK and there is no entertainment. There are other carriers of course.

Look where you want to base yourselves and then research hotels, there are loads at all prices.

If you want to tour the island rent a local car with driver for the day for about $25 per day.

There is a Bali forum on Trip Advisor that's worth a look.

I agree,I don't use A travel agency for anywhere

And Don't use Air Asia..... I did and will never again going to Bali... or any where.....

Most time your trusted travel agency has better offers on flights than the net

Bali is a wonderful island

Air Asia is a low cost airline, with all that entails, good and bad.

Probably the only think you said right is the last one.... :lol:

And Don't use Air Asia..... I did and will never again going to Bali... or any where.....

It's always a matter of choice and experience, I have been to Bali twice with Air Asia, excellent and punctual flights on both occasions - maybe I was in the lucky minority.

I have traveled more than once to Bali with air asia and that was phuket-kl-bali.

Starting Dec 17th they will run a direct bali-phuket flight and fares start at 800 baht one way if u book far in advance ( i booked for June 2011)

If in Bali , take a taxi straight from the airporot to Ubud and hang there and rent a car for less than $10/day ) why do u need a driver??? gas is chaep, easy to drive the roads as outside of Depansar and Kuta area not much traffic.

Spend your last night in Kuta as its near the airport and if ur with kids make sure u go to the water park, one of the best in Asia.

Shy to admit but I enjoy the water park very much.

Talking of Air Asia, I fly it every year and they are sharp punctual, the only problem for me are the seats, a bit small for my legs.

Wonderful snorkeling in Amed, East side of Bali, after Padagbai and before Tulamben. Beautiful and pretty unspoilt.

B)