So I Want To Be A Flight Attendant

B4 I go just looked at my assistant and this and the other thread have put us as top posters today

Gives you a sense of achievement donnit?

Iron Maiden, you must have the recird for so many posts after only being a member for a week or so

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Totster - You really should be a MOD.

Loong - Maybe. I started off as a newbie a few weeks ago now I'm actually an advanced member. I'm probably the youngest on here too. (No saying your all old or anything :o)

Edited by Ice Maiden

Thanks Bambi, I hope I become a flight attendant too. Just think, discount to Thailand for everyone here  :o

babe , which airline u wanna be a flight attendant? if u want TH airline, i saw some links in TH forum about air hostess and stuwart, i will search for you in the morning and translate from TH to Eng or maybe i search for email addy and PM u

good day ja

BB :D

Any airline that will take me  :D

Well I want to find out if Thailand has some kind of flight attendant school? Or in Pattaya anywhere I can study customer service skills.

please give me 24 hrs , i will find some school's links 4 u , (i mean the school that TH Flight Attendant take course) :D

im blank in head right now .. :D

BB

ps , just found

http://www.thaicabin.com/index.asp

need to read and translate for you then :o

Edited by BambinA

b4 i go to the bed , school for Flight Attendant is

www.airandearth1.com

(TH lang again)

after i read from website they said , no need to take course in school, just you are good in Eng( oviously you are), nice character, so u can apply and get interview

anyhow i will read and search more in morning (err its 6.30 am already :o )

bambi sleepy

But what about a second language? Oh and age limit, what is it? Most are either 20 or 21  :D .

Thanks alot Bambi and have a nice sleep  :D

well , if u wanna be F/A u just need Eng, no worry .. (TH is not that important for F/A , are u farang , right? ...anyhow if u are worry about TH lang , why u wont try to apply for international airline?)

i still awake, just read more for your school babe , :D

Bambi :o

more school (still in TH)

http://www.genex-school.com/index.php?check_page=cabin

anyhow from rough read..

age less than 26-28 yo (depends on airline)

tall more then 160 cm

degree- atleast bachelor

TOEIC - 550 up

swim - 50m non-stop

nation - Thai (for TH airlines )

Qatar Airways Cabin Crew Has Been Voted Best In The Middle East In 2003, 2004 And 2005 By Skytrax

Cabin Crew Interviews To Take Place Soon In The Following Cities:

Turkey

Athens

Johannesburg

China

Pakistan

Thailand

Kuala Lumpur

Singapore

Bangladesh

Qatar Airways is rapidly building a reputation as one of the fastest growing and youngest airlines in the world. Our Cabin Crew have been voted “Best in the Middle East” for the third year running and voted in the top 5 worldwide. Our attention to delivering unsurpassed in-flight service has earned us a 5-Star ranking from Skytrax –as one of only four 5-Star airlines worldwide.

Our success is thanks to our people. Drawn from across the world and representing over fifty nationalities, we bring the best and brightest to our home in Doha, Qatar. From this cosmopolitan metropolis we deliver world-class training and facilities to serve over 50 destinations. Our expanding network will extend to over 70 destinations by end of 2005.

To continue our success, we are looking for Cabin Crew who exude warmth, charisma and professionalism. This is an opportunity to earn an excellent remuneration package including medical and modern accommodation.

To be considered for this opportunity, you will need the following:

Aged between 20 and 30 years.

A minimum height of 157.5 cms.

Good education with a good command of written and spoken English.

Ideally, previous Airline, Customer Service, Nursing or Hospitality experience

Preference will be given to candidates with outgoing personalities, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.

Benefits

All Cabin Crew are based in Doha, the State of Qatar and we offer a competitive tax-free package in Qatar of over US $ 1,370 per month plus hotel meal allowances, free furnished sharing accommodation, medical insurance and airline benefits. Career prospects and personal development opportunities are tremendous in a dynamic and exciting environment.

This is a career opportunity to earn an excellent remuneration package, travel the world and be our flying ambassador for Qatar Airways.

To Apply

If you have a friendly and warm personality, plenty of drive and an adventurous spirit, please apply online or post your application or resume at the address given below. Please be sure to include the following;

A postcard-sized full-length colour photograph against a plain background.

A passport-sized colour photograph of head and shoulders.

The dress code for both photographs and interviews must be smart business attire as follows:

Females:

Dress: Knee-length skirt/dress and half-sleeve blouse.

Hair: Neat and tied back if long.

Males:

Business suit, shirt and tie.

We accept images by email in the following formats: JPG/JPEG or GIF. (Note: Try to keep the size below 50KB).

To apply online CLICK HERE

or

Download application form

application_form.xls    124.50 KB

Address this printable application to:

Cabin Crew Recruitment

Human Resources Department

Qatar Airways, P.O.Box 22550,

Doha, State of Qatar.

Regrettably, due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.

Detail from Qatar Airways  

ps. sorry i cant put link, it;s just window popup

Edited by BambinA

maybe its not update, but hope it give you some idea

Emirates in-flight service is renowned the world over. Our cabin crew are acknowledged to be among the best, as voted by Business Traveller Magazine in 2003. The secret of our success is that we take the top applicants from all over the globe and give them first-rate training, backed up by facilities and equipment that are the envy of other airlines. Add to this, supportive management who understand the importance of an individual's contribution to the team. Combine all these elements and you have the ingredients for more than 250 awards for excellence.

With our rapid growth, both in fleet size and network, we are always on the lookout for exceptional people to build their careers with us. We currently employ people from over 97 different nationalities to cater for the truly multicultural clientele on our network of over 70 destinations. The diversity and mix of nationalities, cultures, religions and ethnic backgrounds recruited into Emirates has contributed positively to the success we have achieved as an international Airline. Our recruitment team interviews candidates in many countries across the globe, with a focus on selecting those who have the natural ability to provide excellent service within a multicultural team environment. As Emirates expands its destinations the recruitment of candidates from other nationalities and backgrounds will continue. For a list of destinations we are planning to visit, please click here.

Career Opportunities

Package

We offer a superb package of benefits including:

A three year renewable contract.

A tax-free starting salary of AED 3,640 (approx. US$ 1,000) plus flying pay of approximately US$ 600 per month.

High quality furnished shared accommodation (own bedroom).

Comprehensive medical coverage.

Free duty transport.

End-of-service benefits. A bonus is also payable on completion of the first three year contract.

Annual leave ticket to your home country.

Generous travel concessions on Emirates and other airlines.                                                       

Requirements

Every new cabin crew will be provided with comprehensive training in our state-of-the-art training college. However to qualify for this opportunity, you will need to meet the following criteria: 

Minimum age 21 years at the time of application.

Minimum arm reach of 212 cms (on tip toes), which will enable you to reach emergency equipment on all aircraft types.

Educated to at least high school standard.

Medically fit to meet aircrew requirements.

Fluent in written and spoken English ( fluency in another language is an asset).

Previous experience in the service/ hospitality industry is an advantage .

Finally, you will be the sort of person who has the natural ability to provide excellent service within a team environment.                                         

If you are successful, you will be located in Dubai, the most modern and cosmopolitan of the Gulf cities, which is becoming renowned for its high-class tourist facilities and its high standard of living.

If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please click here for our on-line application form. 

Cabin Crew Global Assessment Days

Our Cabin Crew recruitment team will be conducting ongoing campaigns in Dubai & UK .

If you are interested in being a part of an award winning team, please complete our online application form at www.emiratesgroupcareers.com or email your CV’s to [email protected] attaching a full length & passport size photographs.

Our Cabin Crew recruitment team will be conducting Open Days at various destinations.

Please refer to the schedule below for further details.

March 2005

Manchester

Open Day : Saturday, 05 March 2005

Venue      : Thistle Hotel Manchester Airport

180 Wilmslow Road, Handforth Cheshire

Manchester SK9 3LG

Stratford upon Avon

Open Day : Sunday,  13March 2005

Venue      : Swans Nest Hotel

Bridge Foot

Stratford upon Avon - CV37 7LT

Vancouver

Open Day :  Saturday, 19th March 2005

Venue      :  Executive Airport Plaza Hotel

7311 Westminister Highway,

Richmond BC, Canada V6X 1 A3

Toronto

Open Day :  Saturday, 26th March 2005

Venue      :  Travelodge Hotel,

925 Dixon Road,

Etobicoke , Toronto - M9W 1J8.

Glasgow

Open Day : 26 March 2005

Venue      : To be advised.

April 2005

Sydney

Open Day : Saturday, 2nd April 2005

New Castle

Postponed

Kuala Lumpur

Open Day : Sunday, 10th April 2005

The recruitment schedule for March & April 2005 is as follows:

Delhi Kuala Lumpur 

Vancouver Sydney 

Toronto Singapore 

Manchester Korea 

Birmingham Bangkok 

Glasgow Newcastle 

Manilla 

Fast Track Assessment for Experienced Cabin Crew

If you are currently flying and have at least one year’s experience as Cabin Crew in another airline, Emirates is offering you the opportunity of a ‘Fast-Track’ assessment process.

If you meet our selection pre-requisites you will be scheduled to attend an assessment process at one of our Cabin Crew selection days held in designated countries around the world.

E-mail your CV and two photographs (one full length and one passport size) to [email protected] and please add ‘Experienced Cabin Crew’ in the subject field of the e-mail. If you have a recent photo in your cabin crew uniform or business attire, we recommend you attach it to the e-mail. Should you have a roaming mobile phone number, please include this number to assist us in contacting you at short-notice.

If you are ex-Cabin Crew but not currently flying, or have never been Cabin Crew before, then please click here to complete our on-line Cabin Crew application form.

Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the assessment process. 

Kuwait Airways is seeking for Flight Attendants tofill-up the vacancies inBangkok Base

Qualifications :

-- Thai Nationalily, minimum high school graduate

-- Female, age between 20-28 years, height minimum 160cm to maximum 170cm

-- Male, age between 22-30 years, height minimum 160cm to maximum 175cm

-- Weight is proportion to height

-- Good eye sight, use of glassis not accepted

-- Good command of English

-- Good health and appearance

-- Passport validity minimum one year

-- Applicants should have TOEIC Certificate 550 up

Please send application letter together with two recent, full & half lenght photographs to :-

Senior Regional Director Far East

Kuwait Airways

22nd Floor, M Thai Tower, All Season Place

87 Wireless Road, Lumpini

Phatumwan, Bangkok 10330

Thankyou Bambi.

I think it's going to be very hard for me to get this job. I'll do another year at college (study customer care or a language or something). Then go yo university in Bangkok and study something related to my job, maybe tourism.

Once I have qualifications behind me I'll be able to apply for jobs (and I'll be the right age). Then when an airline recruit me to work for them after the first year I'll have experence and qualifications which will possibly lead to a better airline.

But jobs will be limited for farangs.

Ice Maiden,

Look up the websites for Gulf air/Emirates/Etihad/Qatar etc. Most International airlines require a minimum GCSE level of education, height 5'3" with weight in proportion, ability to swim atleast 50 metres and if you can speak more than one language it's also a plus.

You will find it next to impossible to get a job with Thai as they will usually take on their own nationals..it is much easier with the airlines I have mentioned above but bear in mind you will be based in the in U.A.E.

Many moons ago I was a flight attendent and was based in Saudi Arabia. I had a whale of a time out there.

All the best! :o