Looking For The Best Floating Market Near/In Bangkok

healthcaretaker

The one you refer to first is probably this one,

http://www.bangkok.com/shopping-market/floating-markets.htm

Some may argue its one of the most contrived tourist rip off stopovers offered by about every tour company that offers trips to Kanchanaburi.

Dont know about one at Samut Prakan, but doubt if its the same one, Samut Prakan is to the east of the river, the other is to the west of the river.

Amphawa is a nice one. Well worth a visit, nice and very big, with plenty of food, and the usual market stuff.

I was going to recommend this one myself, about 45 mins outside Bangkok and for the most free to tourists. However would recommend you get there before 6pm, after that usually crowded.

Thank you. I will check for more info on Amphawa. Wonder is there any other attractions near there or the way ?

Also recommending this one. Have avoided it because of tourist trap scare since I moved to Bangkok but a visit 2 weeks ago proved me wrong. Very nice and plenty of (slightly overpriced) food.

Amphawa is great, but we should clarify the experience. Its loads of Thais walking about eating and drinking Thai food. Its a great time and a great party. Things to do you can take a boat around the area and also look at the fireflies if they are out (they are a different specie than in NA). They also have many homestays,

If you are looking for a fake experience of shooting women "trading" food and goods out of boats - this is not the place.

Not only would I go again, next time we would do a homestay I think.

PS: I think its much farther than 45 min outside BKK.

The new floating market in Ayutthaya (near Wat Maheyong) is very popular and has a lot of traditional foods. Of course, it's stage-managed, but it's far less touristy than Damnoen Saduak. In fact, you're unlikely to see another pale face there. A word of caution, though: it's very, very hot there during the day. Early evening is probably the best time to visit.

(Note, this is NOT the longer established Klong Sabua floating market in Ayutthaya, which is only open at weekends.)

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Can you tell me if the closest market is AMPAWA ?

I don't mind the market but I am looking for the closest place near Bangkok where it's green and quiet.

Any good hotel there for less than 2000 thb ?

Thanks.