Mosquito Bites

Ice Maiden

I suffer from mosquito bites every now and then. But when I do they swell up like a ballon. The last time I had one on my finger, it was that badly swollen I couldn't move my whole finger and it was huge. It was that painful I couldn't sleep.

I have tried alot of creams but they don't seem to work, they just take away the itching. A few moments ago I've noticed I have a new one...On my face.

It's pretty darn big already and there must be something I can do in the early stages to help it stop swelling. My cheek is completley numb from holding an ice cube on it :o

Anyone know any advice for moi and my mosquito bites before my whole face swells up.

I used to suffer with mossie bites that used to balloon up.... my tips -

1.. Antihistamine tablets... not the ones from boots as they are crap and don't work, not too mention expensive, just pop down the local chemist and get some for bt20.

I noticed a dramatic change in the swelling once I started taking the tablets.

2.. DO NO SCRATCH, whatever you do.. don't scratch them.

totster :o

1.. Antihistamine tablets... not the ones from boots as they are crap and don't work, not too mention expensive, just pop down the local chemist and get some for bt20.

totster  :D

You can also try an antihistamine cream and or steriod cream. :o

It's really hard to not scratch though :o . I'm just desperate to give i one teeny weeny scratch.

It's really hard to not scratch though :o . I'm just desperate to give i one teeny weeny scratch.

A steriod creame like betamethazone will stop the itiching really quickly.taking antihistamine tabs/cream,will stop the swelling etc. :D

Ice Maiden. I'd agree with the Antihistamine tablets, although I used to find the ones from boots here in Thailand good but expensive (in comparisen with a local pharmacy). I used to swell up a lot. I remember one bite on my hand and I could not move the hand it was swolen so much.

If its any consalation you do get used to them, just give it a year or two :o

try Antihistamine tab as Chlopheniramine ,Dimenhydrinate ,or Hydroxyzine Hcl(Atarax)

Antihistamine topical -Fenistil ( clear gel,no color stain), Caradryl, Caramine

Steriod Cream - Betnovate-N,Dermasal,Bethasone

BB

When i go to LOS between Oct and May, the majority of the time Mozzies don't really get me and when they do they are only small bites. However, when i go between May and August they seem to get me more and the lumps are alot more harsher/bigger etc. What's all that about :o This time (2 weeks ago) i was almost convincing myself i'd got Dengy Fever or what ever it's called

When i go to LOS between Oct and May, the majority of the time Mozzies don't really get me and when they do they are only small bites. However, when i go between May and August they seem to get me more and the lumps are alot more harsher/bigger etc. What's all that about  :o  This time (2 weeks ago) i was almost convincing myself i'd got Dengy Fever or what ever it's called

Yeah my Grandad told me about that fever. I've been having a sore throat alot recently and apparently thats a sign. But I must be thinking overtime or something.

When i go to LOS between Oct and May, the majority of the time Mozzies don't really get me and when they do they are only small bites. However, when i go between May and August they seem to get me more and the lumps are alot more harsher/bigger etc. What's all that about  :o  This time (2 weeks ago) i was almost convincing myself i'd got Dengy Fever or what ever it's called

Yeah my Grandad told me about that fever. I've been having a sore throat alot recently and apparently thats a sign. But I must be thinking overtime or something.

I think the risk of contracting Denge Fever in Pattaya is pretty low, it's out in the sticks where it's more of a problem (as far as I understand it ), so I wouldn't worry too much.. :D

totster :D

Dengue exists even within cities, it is not a bush problem. But a sore throat can mean a million (well almost) other things than dengue.

Please correct me if I am wrong Bambi, but I think it is quite easy to diagnose Dengue Fever (Spot test during blood pressure measuring, etc.).

:o:D

yeah its not so hard to Diag. Dengue..but you need to wait for few days after infected ... for find out from platlet's count (hematology) and/or Spot test

Bambi :D

Dengue exists even within cities, it is not a bush problem. But a sore throat can mean a million (well almost) other things than dengue.

I wasn't saying it was a bush problem, I was merely commenting that it was less likely to be a problem in a city, especially one full of tourists, one would think that the government make more of an effort preventing Dengue Fever in these places..?

I wasn't saying it was a bush problem, I was merely commenting that it was less likely to be a problem in a city, especially one full of tourists, one would think that the government make more of an effort preventing Dengue Fever in these places..?

Yep, you're right. But even with the efforts the government has made, there have still been cases of dengue among city dwellers in Bangkok and Chiang Mai - I have not heard of it in Pattaya yet though.

It's really hard to not scratch though  :o . I'm just desperate to give i one teeny weeny scratch.

I know it is, put a bandaid or similar over the bite to help protect from scratching, a little Calamine won't hurt either. :D