Places To Stay In Rawai / Hai Narn

dcooke

Hi guys,

New to the forum.. loving it so far.

I want to stay in Nai Harn for 1-3 months but have a problem.

It is essential that I have a good internet connection as my job is online based and I will need to use it for several hours on end frequently while I am away. Frequent disconnections are a big no no.

Does anyone know of any accomodation that is nice, clean, close to the nai harn beach and under 18000 baht/month with a great internet connection (or even non-shared connections that I can pay for myself).

So far I am looking at palm village but I hear the internet isn't the most reliable there.

Thanks!

Edited by poundcoin

Wherever you stay I would recommend some form of internet backup, like a CAT CDMA card or an EDGE modem (slow but reliable).

I would like to add a thanks to BillR for posting a link to my Flickr page, I don't have anything to do with Shreks I just posted those pictures as a test for flickr web site integration. People under estimate Social Networking, flickr is an excellent way of organizing your pics and obviously of promoting your business.

I think the Shrek apartments are in that price range and include internet. New construction, walking distance to beach.

http://www.flickr.co...man/5103786227/

If you do walk to the beach from Shrek apartments, make sure you take a compass and a packed lunch, it's a long, long walk.

what are you smoking? Shrek is right by cheers bar, a 10 minute walk to the beach.

Regardless of how far it is to the beach you can't realistically stay in Nai Harn/Rawai without some form of transport, a car if you can afford it or a motorbike if you can ride one. If you want everything within walking distance somewhere like Kata would be better, but more crowded and expensive.

CAT CDMA is available from CAT Telecom in Phuket Town, as for the coverage in Nai Harn I honestly don't know, maybe post a question on the internet forum, same for the cost, the last time I looked it was something like 6000 baht with some free net time, although you may have trouble getting one without a work permit.

Some of the 3G suppliers claim coverage in that area, but again I don't know what it's like.

Regardless of how far it is to the beach you can't realistically stay in Nai Harn/Rawai without some form of transport, a car if you can afford it or a motorbike if you can ride one. If you want everything within walking distance somewhere like Kata would be better, but more crowded and expensive.

CAT CDMA is available from CAT Telecom in Phuket Town, as for the coverage in Nai Harn I honestly don't know, maybe post a question on the internet forum, same for the cost, the last time I looked it was something like 6000 baht with some free net time, although you may have trouble getting one without a work permit.

Some of the 3G suppliers claim coverage in that area, but again I don't know what it's like.

How much do you charge per night or per week? I have a friend coming in early next month for two weeks.

a whopping 1.8km, please don't hurt yourselflaugh.gif

Yeah, exactly. Christ! That's over a mile!

two hilly miles return trip but plenty of bars along the way....no way would i walk to rawai nor nai Harn from there

there is not 1 bar along the way to naiharn, aside from shrek bar and cheers bar which you'll pass in 2 minutes, A few restaurants, then naiharn lake. it is a 15 minute walk, down a SMALL hill. I walked it today. Are you people really that lazy?

Edited by BillR

there is not 1 bar along the way to naiharn, aside from shrek bar and cheers bar which you'll pass in 2 minutes, A few restaurants, then naiharn lake. it is a 15 minute walk, down a SMALL hill. I walked it today. Are you people really that lazy?

You're right BillR it's not far, and even the other way to Rawai beach walking is only a ten or fifteen minute walk.

My problem with the advice of Shrek apartments is for the same price the OP could get a decent little bungalow/house with an internet connection. Why would you want to live in those dumpy apartments where you can probably hear your neighbor fart, not to mention holiday types that might be blaring their techno music at 5:00Am on a return from ICON.

Nahhh...OP get here, book for a week at Green Valley Resort Nai Harn, and find yourself a permanent crib once here.

Cheers, GOM