Etch Primer.

Spoonman

Yo Spoon,

Could you tell what the use is?

Normally an etch primer is followed by a 2K filler/surfacer kind of product in OEM after service.

The etch part of such primer is the phosphoric acid containing hardener/activator/thinner part.

There are etching primers that give a bit of physical protection as well so you could leave painted metal parts outside for about six months without being covered in topcoat.

The company I work for have both products available, just need to know the purpose so we can advice the correct product.

Kind regards,

Alex

Hi alex,

We are painting bare steel items, currently we just put a primer/superfacer onto the sanded steel (cleaned with acetone first) but the primer/surfacer does not adhere all that well hence Iam after an etch primer.

The actual steel is 6mm mild, the parts are protoyping items but need a decent painted finish.

I sometimes use grease and wax remover as well, this makes no difference to the adhesion (or lack of) with the primer/surfacer we are using (TOA Brand automotive stuff)

Hi Spoon,

If you want you can PM me your contact details and I will drop by and have a look at the parts you are painting so I can advice the correct product to you.

Kind regards,

Alex

lol cheers Vocalneal, to be honest I never actually thought to google Jotun, instead I have been relying on my purchasing dept to find something, they just tell me nothing available...............

Alexlah, the amount of paperwork I need to go through to get visitors into our facility is amazing, thanks for the offer though.