Tesco Lotus Plans Bt7 Billion Investment For 2011

Tesco Lotus Plans Bt 7 Bln Investment for 2011

Tesco Lotus' CEO has stated that he is confident about the strength of the Thai economy, saying that the company is set to invest 7 billion baht next year.

Chris Bush, CEO of Ek-Chai Distribution System, the operator of Tesco Lotus hypermarket chains in Thailand, revealed that around 100 of 700 Tesco Lotus branches in 60 provinces have been affected by the nationwide flooding.

However, he said that incident is a short term problem.

He believes that the firm's sales target will remain intact, as consumers' purchasing power is recovering.

Bush went on to say Tesco Lotus still has confidence in Thailand's economy, considering it has been running business in the country for 16 years and has invested more than 100 billion baht.

He added that they are planning to spend 7 billion baht next year on store expansions, renovations, technological developments and hiring more employees.

The CEO also commented on the baht's rise, saying that it has not affected the company's agricultural product exports.

He expects that to meet this year's export growth target of 10 percent, or around 11.7 billion baht.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-11-15

footer_n.gif

Pity they are not going to invest some of that money in price reductions, like Tesco UK would do, there is plenty of room for it. Got a couple of flyers from Tesco which showed I could get 2 bags of crisps at 28bts each for 46 bts. Next weeks flyer showed the same 2 bags of crisps at 28bt each I could now buy for 49! Brilliant planning and intelligence, BIG C same offer 44bts. Is this the same Tesco?:lol:

Pity they are not going to invest some of that money in price reductions, like Tesco UK would do, there is plenty of room for it. Got a couple of flyers from Tesco which showed I could get 2 bags of crisps at 28bts each for 46 bts. Next weeks flyer showed the same 2 bags of crisps at 28bt each I could now buy for 49! Brilliant planning and intelligence, BIG C same offer 44bts. Is this the same Tesco?:lol:

So you're going to make a special trip to Big C just to save 2 baht? I'm sure Tesco will miss your business.

So you're going to make a special trip to Big C just to save 2 baht? I'm sure Tesco will miss your business.

I think you missed the point, they do not seem to know what their competitors are up to.