Hong Kong Hotel <3000 Baht For A Triple

engrin

My wife, mom (60 yrs old), and I will be visiting Hong Kong for 3 nights and I have noticed that hotels are very expensive. I'm looking for hotel recommendations. Is it possible to find a comfortable triple room for <3000 baht in a decent area?

In that price range you are likely to be fresh out of luck. Perhaps a room in ChungKing or Mirador Mansions. A case of turning up and negotiating. Expect a tiny room with no view and a tiny squished bathroom. Hope your grandmother is sprightly.

The best reasonable triple I could find last year was 5000b , HK is unbelievably expensive for almost everything.

The room I had was small and not really good for three, barely suitable as a double.

Check "tripadvisor" or similiar and read through the reviews, thats what I did.

Try Evergreen Hotel just off Nathan Road Kowloon side and right next to Temple Street Market they have triple beds rooms and I think within your price range www.evergreenhotel.com .

I was thinking the same thing, stayed there earlier this year in a double for 1500 bht a night so the triple should be in your price range.

Only thing I would recommend is to get down to breakfast early as the dining room is quite small and you may have to wait for a table if they're busy.

Have stayed at the Garden View Hotel on Hong Kong Island .I thought it was exceptional value ,very clean . I just checked the price on Agoda and it is between 2000 - 3000 THB.

It half up the hill , just next to the botanic gardens (hence the name) and the zoo and near the cable car. You can catch a cab up the hill from the train station .

Have a look on Agoda for it.

Hi I highly recomend the Gold Coast Hotel, its located on the best beach in HK and on Agoda its 2779 baht for a superior seaview room.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/hong_kong/hong_kong/gold_coast_hotel.html

Apart from the fact that this can hardly be called a 'convenient location', it seems that the description of a triple room has escaped your notice.

For anyone else trying to find a reasonably-priced room in Hong Kong, the IBIS North Point is also a good alternative. It's in North Point on HK Island.

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-3563-ibis-hong-kong-north-point/index.shtml

The only problem with the Evergreen, apart from the size of the room (a problem common to all reasonably-priced HK hotels) is that it's on the fringe of a red-light district, which might make some travellers uncomfortable.

The Gold Coast is very inconvenient.