Bomb Thrown At Bangkok Mini Bus Kills At Least One, Injures Many

webfact

Like most countries of this planet, Thailand is violent, that's it.

We have to accept that.

If we do not want violence, we have to go to... Canada? Norway?

Good post.

Please to mention Uruguay along with Norway (best educational system) and Canada, as well (I admit I have a bias).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

forensics shows that grenade was fired from chula hospital and not from the red shirt stronghold, they were not in the hospital, this however led to them storming the hospital to find the army that were holed up there. But don't let facts get in the way of a good old red shirt hanging.

Quiet why anyone's first thought about this was political is beyond me, my first thought was a dispute between van owners, but then again i dont have my head up my arse and think the reds are to blame for everything like some posters think.

Facts, you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

By the way, there's a building between Chula hospital and Sala Daeng station, it completely blocks the view of the station from the hospital. If the grenades were fired from the hospital, blindly, arching over a building and landing all of them in a straight line that just happened to point in the direction of Lumpini... I'll eat my hat.

This is a reminder to stay on topic, unless you want a holiday from ThaiVisa. There are posters who live and work in the area of this bombing and information related to the incident would be appreciated. There are plenty of threads that deal with the endless speculation about the red-shirts, yellow-shirts and the government. This one appears to be about rival student groups from technical schools.

You may NOT hijack a thread for your personal agenda. You may want to seriously rethink a rehash of every bombing incident in the past year as well; it's off topic.

Now stay on topic please.

A business rival problem seems more likely than a school rivalry. Neither fits very well; school kids shouldn’t be able to get grenades but it’s not impossible. Business rivals don’t often find their targets on a bus but it’s not impossible.

Either way this is escalation; we could in for a rough time. But all this is as speculative as any shirt colour.

All a bit of a mystery and I doubt this one is politically motivated

Yup, seems like just a random attack. I don't think this is the beginning of bombing season for bangkok. What kinda bomb was it...?

Edit, oops, just noticed it was a grenade...read it properly...lol

Edited by KeiranBrown

All a bit of a mystery and I doubt this one is politically motivated

Yup, seems like just a random attack. I don't think this is the beginning of bombing season for bangkok. What kinda bomb was it...?

Edit, oops, just noticed it was a grenade...read it properly...lol

<deleted> now I am getting the blame :angry:

:D

This is a reminder to stay on topic, unless you want a holiday from ThaiVisa. There are posters who live and work in the area of this bombing and information related to the incident would be appreciated. There are plenty of threads that deal with the endless speculation about the red-shirts, yellow-shirts and the government. This one appears to be about rival student groups from technical schools.

You may NOT hijack a thread for your personal agenda. You may want to seriously rethink a rehash of every bombing incident in the past year as well; it's off topic.

Now stay on topic please.

More posts deleted and more posters will be enjoying a holiday from posting.

Again, stay on the topic.

Bit more in Thairath. According to the deceased's gf who was also on the bus at the time, the bomb was described as about about fist-sized and wrapped in tape and wire. It was lobbed in the bus and landed in her bf's lap before going off, hence he took the brunt of the blast. It also seems to have been embedded with stones and metal fragments (nuts).

Police think it's another one of the technical college disputes, but unfortunately an innocent bystander was killed in this case.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/127303

Someone's kid. Someone's friend. Spare a thought for those that have lost a loved one and that are now traumatized by this event. It really is a heartbreaking story. If only one could blame it on something quickly to make sense of a stupid act. Unfortunately, the type of person tossed the explosive device is a sociopath and will most likely harm people again until he or she is stopped. For everyone's sake, let's hope this wacko is found fast.