Roads From Chiang Mai To Mae Hong Son

Gonsalviz

I was just wondering of anyone had ridden or tried to ride these roads (1095 to 108 South) from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son to Mae Sanang.

Ii will be on a Road King. I do not plan on speed records. I just want to know if the roads are passable on this size bike.

I'm told that the roads between CM-Pai-MHS-Mae Sariang are in good shape as far as Mae Sariang but that the road between Mae Sariang and Mae Sot is in terrible condition.

Ride On!

Tony

Thanks. I really did want to ride the Burmese border down but even though I have a lot of time it is not unlimited. Unless I hear differently I guess I'll have to turn east at Mae Sariang.

Sorry about the Mae Sanang thing. The letters blended together on the map I was looking at.

The road from Mae Sariang to Mae Sot is a treat if your not racing, the traffic is very light when compared to the MHS loop (CM, Pai Mae Hong Song, Mae Sariang, CM).

Here's a recent report of a ride from a nice gentleman riding his own little scooter on the 105 to Mae Sot. We last rode it the last week of August, and found the improved areas are increasing.

The road from Mae Sariang to Mae Sot is a treat if your not racing, the traffic is very light when compared to the MHS loop (CM, Pai Mae Hong Song, Mae Sariang, CM).

Here's a recent report of a ride from a nice gentleman riding his own little scooter on the 105 to Mae Sot. We last rode it the last week of August, and found the improved areas are increasing.

Aye, normally it's a fantastic ride BUT Marco just rode Mae Sot to Mae Sariang on his "little scooter" :lol: a few weeks ago and reported the road was in terrible condition, millions of potholes, landslides and large sections of road washed away by the heavy rains:

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6443.jpg

Full trip report and a lot more pictures of the road here: http://secretsoi.com...hp?topic=2974.0

The OP said he's on a ROAD KING. Sure, this road CAN be done on a ROAD KING, but a dirt bike or motard would probably be more suited to these conditions.

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Aye, normally it's a fantastic ride BUT Marco just rode Mae Sot to Mae Sariang on his "little scooter" :lol: a few weeks ago and reported the road was in terrible condition, millions of potholes, landslides and large sections of road washed away by the heavy rains:

Land Yacht, scooter, it's all a matter of perspective... :lol:

Even the nice section from Mae Sariang to Kaun Yuam suffered flood damage this August. He didn't mention the biggest hazard on the 105 now; cow droppings! Man, it seemed like there one waiting for you around every corner on the northern half.

Cheers,

Kev