Alternative O Visa

My case, not married, have since 15 years (same) Thai girlfrind. We have a recognized child in both names and that has as a consequence dual nationality.

I am over 50 and own a couple of condo's in Bangkok. For the time being without a job, but still looking, and if materialised, then I will work again as a consultant.

I want to stay in Thailand, but never worked in Thailand.

How should I proceed ? Get a retirement visa, criteria's are no problem, with the exception of not allowed to work. Or should I attempt to get a visa due to the fact I have a legitime kid, allowing me, to work eventually in Thailand ?

Thanks,

Jaidee forever.

first answer dr pat pong's question of current visa & nationality

My case, not married, have since 15 years (same) Thai girlfrind. We have a recognized child in both names and that has as a consequence dual nationality.
get a non immigrant O visa based on support of your thai child
How should I proceed ? Get a retirement visa, criteria's are no problem, with the exception of not allowed to work.

no you can not get a work permit with the retirement visa

Or should I attempt to get a visa due to the fact I have a legitime kid, allowing me, to work eventually in Thailand ?

yes, start with a 90 day or more, non immigrant O visa from a THAI consulate outside Thailand, then re enter Thailand and go see THAI IMMIGRATION with the whole family to apply for an extension. If you want to work, tell them when applying for the extension, you will need additional paperwork to submit from your employeer.