I Have Overstayed Too Long !

i extended my 30 days at nong kai for a further 15 days that was like 4 weeks ago. anyway by the time i was due to fly home on 11th nov i would of been 7 days over and i was prepared to pay the 3000 baht fine at airport, however we got to airport and flight was 4 hours delayed so i changed my ticket untill 25th nov , so now that will leave me with around 20 days over by the time i fly home on 25th nov. i can hardly go to immagration now , can i ? i imagine they would arrest me ? if a land /border crossing to cambodiia would land me in trouble wouldnt it ?

any advise much appreciated.

thanks

If you get caught you will be in trouble and get arrested. If you get to the border and pay for 20 days of overstay you should be ok, just pay overstay and it should get you out of the country. It is generally a bad idea to overstay even one day.

i am currently 12 days over today, if i go to cambodia tomorrow and pay my 13 days o/s then enter cambo and come back with 15 day stamp, will that leave me ok ?

will immagration at cambo arrest me ? is that likely ?

thanks.

Book a round trip flight: pay your current overstay at the airport, fly BKK-SIN-BKK return the same day, get 30 days on re-arrival in BKK.

Does Singapore have any advantage over other close destinations like PNH, JKT, KUL or SGN? The reason I ask is that sometimes it might be a little cheaper to fly into Penang, Kuala Lumpur or Bali.

Book a round trip flight: pay your current overstay at the airport, fly BKK-SIN-BKK return the same day, get 30 days on re-arrival in BKK.

Does Singapore have any advantage over other close destinations like PNH, JKT, KUL or SGN? The reason I ask is that sometimes it might be a little cheaper to fly into Penang, Kuala Lumpur or Bali.

Not that I know of, I have heard others mention the KL trip as a way of doing this. Penang or Bali, never thought of those destinations either. I just mentioned Singapore as there are likely more flights per day for doing this method of overstay correction. ;)

A quick flight out and back would be best.

If you decide to wait until the 25th suggest you arrive early enough to pay overstay fine at airport and be careful not to tempt fate before then.

A land crossing with overstay is normally possible but there are several things that could go wrong - being stopped by police in a border area police check (jail/judge) or being refused entry into the other country (which could mean return to Thailand without the 15 days and illegal entry status).

Go to bumrungrad and check in and hand the nurses your passport to go to 3rd floor immigration desk and get mentally insane extension.

Just avoid all your ex girlfriends and ex wives before your airport trip and dont say much about this to anyone in RL, and lastly, dont carry that passport with expired visa with you about, its better not have to have it on until you are headed home.

It makes them mad to see you with it, as they might feel that you think the ones that stopped are too dumb to notice.

Go to bumrungrad and check in and hand the nurses your passport to go to 3rd floor immigration desk and get mentally insane extension.

Just avoid all your ex girlfriends and ex wives before your airport trip and dont say much about this to anyone in RL, and lastly, dont carry that passport with expired visa with you about, its better not have to have it on until you are headed home.

It makes them mad to see you with it, as they might feel that you think the ones that stopped are too dumb to notice.

And no way they going to beleave you, jou just end up in jail they deal with this type off people every day and they get very tired of it.

The more crazy you act the more problem they going to give you.

Next time just get your extention before you end up in this type off legal problems.

NFS

What will become of your Mitsu Triton when you get banged up with the possibility of a PNG stamp? (whatever the eff a Mitsu is)

What will become of your wife's gold when the premiums aren't paid because you can't enter Thailand?

Why have you over stayed? You always know when you have to leave by. All you have to do is open your ''passy'' and there will be an old stampy in the muddle of which is the datey.

Simple enough for most people.

Edited by tolsti

Just as a note,

To get the 30/14 days visa exemption stamp you need to be able to show an outgoing ticket paid in full with departure of Thailand in the next 14/30 days. This is the law however it is nearly never enforced but specially at poipet border since it is the most famous border for borderun they request this from people who just left Thailand and overstayed specially if the overstay is more than a few days.

"My flight was delayed 4 hours so I decided to stay and extra couple of weeks even though I was already on overstay."

I think we will be seeing the OP posting again in even more dire circumstances, say around end of high season next year?

Presumably to give the op more time to find his car keys and get the on the right road out of central Bangkok. (note to self: don't feed the trolls).

Just go to the airport a little early on the day you leave and pay the fine. It's not like you killed somebody.

yeah at the risk of sounding casual about the whole deal i was going to suggest the same thing as the cost of leaving thailand just to get a new visa is the same as paying the overstay really. as long as you don't get into any trouble with the cops in the meantime and have to produce your passport and visa to them, you are ok.

i have overstayed a number of times and just paid the man at the airport - they are always more than happy to take your money.