Voip Pbx System For 10-Room Hotel

simon43

My hotel does not have an in-room telephone system. I want to implement a solution which enables guests to direct-dial out from their rooms, or to dial reception.

There is limited ToT cabling in the area, and a VOIP solution looks the best way to use the existing high speed internet connection at the hotel, as well as allowing lower call-costs (or higher profit margin!).

The system needs to record outbound call duration/destination, so that the guest can be billed accordingly.

I've Googled about VOIP PBX systems, but they seem to only be available for larger hotels/businesses, with many hundreds of rooms.

I could hardwire POTS phones from each guest room to the PBX location, or use (preferred), wifi phones in each room

Is there a viable/cheapish solution that I can put together which will meet these requirements?

Thanks

Simon

+1 for asterisk, but setting it up with a decent billing solution is a pain.

Luckily, someone has done it for you! :) Give Cyberhotel a try. Download this appliance and run with Vmware's free player so you can try it out. It will also handle any computers you have in a business centre too.

http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/683703

:)

If you are skilled enough, give trixbox a go - it's for larger voip scenarios. You'll have to install A2Billing seperatly, but it's not too difficult.

Edited by phazey