On The Pop This Saturday

Gallowspole

Bringing the family down to Pattaya this weekend. We'll be staying at a condo near Foodmart, down from the Go-kart circuits.

Saturday night is going to be 'Lad night out' and I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding the following:

- To start the evening off I want a good old Indian. Especially Tikha or Tandoori.

- After that, some lubrication is required. - Are there any places with 'ale' on tap? In the past I've drunk at the German microbrewery place, near Big C, but I'm gagging for a proper pint.

- If possible I'd like to watch some rock and/or Blues (with the Ashes being shown in the background).

- To end the evening off it'll either be back to the curry house or, if there really is a god, a doner kebab, British high street style.

Cheers.

I/ll let someone else answer the Indian question..........i normally skip the food and concentrate on the lubrication.

For a proper pint try Shenanigans located out the back of the Royal Garden Plaza (2nd road just before Soi Post Office).........if its a lads night out if you come out of Shennanigans just before 10pm you could go down Soi Post Office and call in Hot and Cold A-Go-Go (should be "show" on at 10pm.

Blues Music......got to be the Blues Factory down Walking Street go about 11pm ish...its 2/3rds the way down on the left (Soi Lucky Star)

Altenatively you could go straight to Walking Street after your Indian and try Kilkennys Irish Pub on the right approx 100yards down...........then onto Blues Factory.

You/ll be pushed to find an "English" Style Doner...........there is a stall that sells a kebab out the back of the Blues Factory walk and just before you hit the 2nd road you/ll see it.

Another decent kebab stall is located between Soi Yamoto and Soi 13 stall is on the 2nd road itself..............it would mean you back tracking though.

Hope the Blues Factory is open Saturday night (Queens birthday Friday) should be ok.................maybe Dave (DaveThailand) the boss can confirm its open when he comes online...............dont think he/ll have the ashes on though.

Bringing the family down to Pattaya this weekend.  We'll be staying at a condo near Foodmart, down from the Go-kart circuits.

Saturday night is going to be 'Lad night out' and I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding the following:

- To start the evening off I want a good old Indian.  Especially Tikha or Tandoori.

- After that, some lubrication is required.  - Are there any places with 'ale' on tap?  In the past I've drunk at the German microbrewery place, near Big C, but I'm gagging for a proper pint. 

- If possible I'd like to watch some rock and/or Blues (with the Ashes being shown in the background).

-  To end the evening off it'll either be back to the curry house or, if there really is a  god, a doner kebab, British high street style.

Cheers.

I can recommend the Ali Baba restaurant for the Indian.

It is situated at the bottom of Central Road (just off Beach Road) on the right hand side opposite the Nova Lodge Hotel.

As far as tha Ashes is concerned....if you are going to The Blues Factory you will find the Roo Bar (an Aussie Bar) on the left hand side of Walking Street. The lads will probably be showing the Ashes.......but if you are a Pom then you will have some great banter.

Otherwise most places that are showing it will have boards outside.

Have a great evening. :o

For  a  proper  pint  try  Shenanigans  located  out  the  back  of  the  Royal  Garden  Plaza  (2nd  road  just  before  Soi  Post  Office).........if  its  a  lads  night  out  if  you  come  out  of  Shennanigans  just  before  10pm  you  could  go  down  Soi  Post  Office  and  call  in  Hot  and  Cold  A-Go-Go (should  be  "show"  on  at  10pm.

Thanks TF, great info.

Unfortunately it's a lad as opposed to a lads night out. Don't quite fancy sitting by myself drooling in a go-go bar!

If you mean Foodmart near Trepprasit rd (opposite Pan Pan) then walk towards Jomtien about 100m and on the left (nr Beach Way Laundry) you will see "ACCHA" which is a great indian restaurant :o OR walk the other way towards Pattaya up the hill and you will see "Indian by Nature" which is a high class indian (have'nt tried the grub yet) :D

Blues Factory will be open saturday (not sure about friday yet) but if you want more Blues then come at around 10pm-1030pm then you'll catch the last set of The Blues Machine band, 1130pm onwards Lam Morrison.

If the ashes are on Sophon cable (doubt it) then I can have it on but I have'nt got UBC in the bar.

For kebabs. As Thaiflyer1 said there is a stall opposite coyotee's a gogo anf another one at the end of the street.

Cheers

DT :D

For  a  proper  pint  try  Shenanigans  located  out  the  back  of  the  Royal  Garden  Plaza  (2nd  road  just  before  Soi  Post  Office).........if  its  a  lads  night  out  if  you  come  out  of  Shennanigans  just  before  10pm  you  could  go  down  Soi  Post  Office  and  call  in  Hot  and  Cold  A-Go-Go (should  be  "show"  on  at  10pm.

Thanks TF, great info.

Unfortunately it's a lad as opposed to a lads night out. Don't quite fancy sitting by myself drooling in a go-go bar!

You could always get some female employee's to sit with you :o

I can recommend the Ali Baba restaurant for the Indian.

It is situated at the bottom of Central Road (just off Beach Road) on the right hand side opposite the Nova Lodge Hotel.

As far as tha Ashes is concerned....if you are going to The Blues Factory you will find the Roo Bar (an Aussie Bar) on the left hand side of Walking Street. The lads will probably be showing the Ashes.......but if you are a Pom then you will have some great banter.

Otherwise most places that are showing it will have boards outside.

Have a great evening. :o

Again thanks. Yeah, I'm a pom and definitely looking forward to some banter with the convicts. All the cons up in Nong Khai did a runner last weekend. Only turned up when there was a slight scent of victory. They're back in the woodwork now>

Thanks TF, great info.

You could always get some female employee's to sit with you :o

They would do that?

If you mean Foodmart near Trepprasit rd (opposite Pan Pan) then walk towards Jomtien about 100m and on the left (nr Beach Way Laundry) you will see "ACCHA" which is a great indian restaurant :o  OR walk the other way towards Pattaya up the hill and you will see "Indian by Nature" which is a  high class indian (have'nt tried the grub yet) :D

Blues Factory will be open saturday (not sure about friday yet) but if you want more Blues then come at around 10pm-1030pm then you'll catch the last set of The Blues Machine band, 1130pm onwards Lam Morrison.

If the ashes are on Sophon cable (doubt it) then I can have it on but I have'nt got UBC in the bar.

For kebabs. As Thaiflyer1 said there is a stall opposite coyotee's a gogo anf another one at the end of the street.

Cheers

Christ on a bike!! Used to watch Lam Morrison down in Phuket years ago. Last time I saw him was at the Sofitel Khon Kaen 4 or 5 years ago. Has he grown yet?

Bringing the family down to Pattaya this weekend.  We'll be staying at a condo near Foodmart, down from the Go-kart circuits.

- To start the evening off I want a good old Indian.  Especially Tikha or Tandoori.

- After that, some lubrication is required.  - Are there any places with 'ale' on tap?  In the past I've drunk at the German microbrewery place, near Big C, but I'm gagging for a proper pint. 

-  To end the evening off it'll either be back to the curry house or, if there really is a  god, a doner kebab, British high street style.

Don't get too pissed mate I don't want any early morning calls from you.  Keep a spare watch in your pocket and a chain on your wallet.    I believe you are known to be a walking disaster when your off the leash.

Have a good time.

Cheers.

If you mean Foodmart near Trepprasit rd (opposite Pan Pan) then walk towards Jomtien about 100m and on the left (nr Beach Way Laundry) you will see "ACCHA" which is a great indian restaurant :o  OR walk the other way towards Pattaya up the hill and you will see "Indian by Nature" which is a  high class indian (have'nt tried the grub yet) :D

Cheers

Christ on a bike!! Used to watch Lam Morrison down in Phuket years ago. Last time I saw him was at the Sofitel Khon Kaen 4 or 5 years ago. Has he grown yet?

He's still the greatest rock guitarist in Thailand :D

And although he's getting on now he can still blow the roof off the place. :D

[

Don't get too pissed mate I don't want any early morning calls from you. Keep a spare watch in your pocket and a chain on your wallet. I believe you are known to be a walking disaster when your off the leash.

Have a good time.

Cheers.

Oh Jesus man Jimmy!! Keep it quiet. No tales out of school!! :o

See you Jimmy, next week.

Thanks TF, great info.

I always like to do the gogo bars by myself,I find it much easyer to make a compleat prat of myself without friends repeating the story to me when im sober