Full Car Service Needed

galowgala

I service mine at Toyota main dealer. You can probably find cheaper but at least if you're not satisfied with the work there is a proper complaints procedure etc, not that I've ever had a problem. BTW, you cam belt was probably due for a change at 100k, maybe worth having done if you're not sure it's been changed.

I service mine at Toyota main dealer. You can probably find cheaper but at least if you're not satisfied with the work there is a proper complaints procedure etc, not that I've ever had a problem. BTW, you cam belt was probably due for a change at 100k, maybe worth having done if you're not sure it's been changed.

Thank you sir your quite right i need the cam belt changed as well, but a friend of mine just got ripped by em, so i wondered if there was any private family run service stations that could be trusted to do the job properly

Edited by galowgala

very good considering there rip off merchants einstien

A Toyota dealer perhaps....:rolleyes:

i have a Fortuner and a Vigo pickup

all the servicing is done at Toyota on Sukhumvit

i worked my way into 10% discount and have never once felt i have been ripped off

they call me if something wants dealing with outside the normal schedule, i agree to the work or not

my choice.

i always get all they bits they change as evidence including the empty oil cans

if this was UK where its around £50-£70 an hour labor charge i would be looking around for someone other than a main dealer too

but here its so damned cheap why would you bother taking the risk at a backstreet garage?

my friend has a Mitsubishi Pajero and his service bills are almost always twice the cost of mine

so wheres the rip off at Toyota?

Toyota are fine for standard services, they display the costs on their board in the waiting room and the parts are easy to verify as they have a price list for them too.

Where Toyota are ridiculously expensive is when there's replacement parts required that are not part of a standard service.

Won't be going back to Toyota on Sukhumvit in a hurry, service ok, but wife went in with car last week booked in for 0830,, she sat in the waiting room watched the car sit there for 2 hours before anyone looked at it,, finally she got away at 1230 with the service completed and having put in a complaint, but no way to treat a customer, we've previously used Toyota Chon Buri, always had good service and customer care,,,,but I suppose theres good and bad everywhere,

same as, Toyata dealer never felt ripped off in Pattaya, just the opposite, will never go anywhere else Toyota Sukumvit every time, no dearer than anywhere else and proffesional job, if some body gets ripped off as did to me by Toyata Samui no suprise there complain to Toyota directly, i did and Toyota were all over them like a rash, the general manger of the group had to go to samui and rollock the staff. when you have franchise firms like Toyota make you take care of it, to many complaints dealer loosers end of year bonus which could just be the difference between profit and loss. mate of mine uses Big Boy garage i think theres a chain of them.

dealer i use is near Naklua end of Sukumvit right hand side going out of Pattaya

Edited by NALAK

You could also try A.C.T. in Jomtien along Sukhumvit:

Driving on Sukhumvit direction Sattahip; pass Tesco Lotus - Makro - UnderwaterWorld and Kanyong.

On your left you will pass a Caltex gas-station and just after the gas station you'll find:ACT

They have packages, with checks on 30 items and if there is anything special, just mention it.

Not very cheap, but ripp off isn't possible, they'll discuss everything with you first.

Just beware: As every good garage, they try to do more than needed!!

very good considering there rip off merchants einstien

A Toyota dealer perhaps....:rolleyes:

Are they really ?....or did you hear this sitting on a bar stool ?.....:whistling:

Had my Fortuner's serviced at various Toyota branches over many years and never felt ripped off.

Maybe you should have added an addtional requirement to your original post...."cheap"....is this what you where really asking ?

Edited by Soutpeel