Beach Rd & Patak Rd, Karon

katasyd

What logic is there when you start major road works on both roads right at the beginning of high season?

I mean really, couldn't this work have been in the low season or after this high season?

It is estimated to be finished around Januarydry.gif

Patak Rd is a disaster going past the arcadia, major potholes from the dirt resurfacing being washed away.

Beach Rd has the entire length of the beach torn up making into 2 very tight lanes and huge potholes on the edges.

A major accident is only a matter of time on both roads.

It didn't start at the start of high season; it started long before that. The work on the Karon Plaza part of Patak Road started in about August, the beach road a month or so later.

The Patak Road roadworks are part of the ongoing road widening scheme which started at Chalong Circle some time ago. Many business owners lost the front of their shops. They possibly didn't know they were on public land and just copied neighbours. They seem to work on it once or twice a week and when they do don't give advance notice so cars and bikes are parked and work comes to a stop until someone moves them.

The beach road cable burying project started a little later and of course had a week of everything being back to normal while the volleyball was on.

The logic of doing all the work at once is beyond my comprehension but I'm sure there's a very good reason.

It's a mess and it doesn't look like it'll be finished in time for the Christmas/New Year season.

It didn't start at the start of high season; it started long before that. The work on the Karon Plaza part of Patak Road started in about August, the beach road a month or so later.

It started near the circle in June. I copped a load of tar and bluemetal on my thongs (flip flops) while crossing the road outside the Little Mermaid on 28/6. :(