Pay As You Go Microsim (Iphone 4 Sim Card)

Longbow212

Hello All,

I left Thailand a few months ago to return to university in my home country. Now I am preparing to head back for 2 weeks at xmas.

Do 7/11 or other stores sell sim cards for the new iphone (microsim). I left TH before the iphone was released so have no idea how if any of microsims can be bought particularly on pay as you go.

Thanks

You can go to MBK and get a sim card there and have it cut down. They can turn any sim card into a micro-sim no problem. I know they have Blackberry pay as you go sims with data-internet, but not sure about iPhone data plan sims pay, but you can use a BB sim on an iphone and it works fine (I use my BB sim on my Iphone all the time). If you just want to make phone calls and dont care about data, you can use any sim at all.

I use a 99Baht iMobile 3GX prepay sim card in my iPad (it was activated and then physically cut down to micro size at MBK by a standard sim cutter that looked like a stapler)...uses wireless TOT 3G connection and works like a charm on my iPad...

(on my iPhone 4, I use a True micro sim post paid sim card)....

for the iMobile 3GX prepay sim card, you can buy refill cards at 7-11 and then top-up online at this webpage (typing in your phone number and the serial no. plus pin no. on the top-up card)

http://3gx.samartwip.com/3gx/refill.jsp

Edited by trajan

You can get the AIS prepaid microsim card from every AIS centre and if required a unlimited data package for the iphone which you pay via the prepaid sim.

I have the prepaid microsim with data package and works great for a fixed price.

• 3 weeks later...