How To Obtain New 60 Day Tourist Visa

hello,,,i'm currently in tThailand on the last 60 days of a triple entry 60 day tourist visa with an american passport. ( ive entered the country 3 times already). i'm good till Jan.10, I'm trying to figure out what to do after that. I am looking for a job teaching English but haven't found one with a contract yet, done some work sporadically at language schools. Want to stay longer and get a long term apartment. Can I get a new 60 day multiple entry visa( preferably),or 60 day single entry visa by leaving the country, say KL or Laos or Cambodia, how long would that take, how much, and where do you think is the best country to do this is . I know its a lot of information, thank you very much for your help.

thank you for your replies. Is Laos the best and or only place to acquire a new double entry tourist visa? and does anyone know if Thai immigration might give me a hassle for back to back visas of such length? thank you , Michael . Can you get extensions on every entry ?

Edited by michael888

It is the only facility to routinely provide 2 entry tourist visas in the area from most reports. Yes they could take exception and provide a single or no visa at all if they feel your stay in Thailand is not entirely for tourist reasons (as you seem to be from comments you have been illegally working here).

I have just returned from Vientiane Laos, trying to get a Double Entry Tourist Visa, handed in application at the counter, and lady without consulting any data told me I was working in Thailand. I told her I was not, and did not need to, as I get an Australian and a British Pensions. She studied my British Passport and said "You have 4 entries into Thailand on tourist visas, you are only allowed 4. I will give you a single entry tourist visa don't come back to this Embassy". When I got in the mini van of the group I travelled with all except 1 was rejected double entry Tourist visas, on the basis the were working. "But in fact" the only one in the group who was given a double entry tourist visa is the only one who is working unofficially. The female immigration officer in uniform at the counter was very rude to all my group, although we had gone to the counter individually and at different times. I only needed one more double entry visa, as I will be leaving Thailand for good in the middle of March 2011. If one follows her logic literally you can only enter Thailand 4 times on Tourist visas. On a 10 year passport that is 1 entry every 2 1/2 years. Ridicules.

I have just returned from Vientiane Laos, trying to get a Double Entry Tourist Visa, handed in application at the counter, and lady without consulting any data told me I was working in Thailand. I told her I was not, and did not need to, as I get an Australian and a British Pensions. She studied my British Passport and said "You have 4 entries into Thailand on tourist visas, you are only allowed 4. I will give you a single entry tourist visa don't come back to this Embassy". When I got in the mini van of the group I travelled with all except 1 was rejected double entry Tourist visas, on the basis the were working. "But in fact" the only one in the group who was given a double entry tourist visa is the only one who is working unofficially. The female immigration officer in uniform at the counter was very rude to all my group, although we had gone to the counter individually and at different times. I only needed one more double entry visa, as I will be leaving Thailand for good in the middle of March 2011. If one follows her logic literally you can only enter Thailand 4 times on Tourist visas. On a 10 year passport that is 1 entry every 2 1/2 years. Ridicules.

Well the Op of this topic would seem to support their logic since he has been working illegally, too bad you got caught up in that. But, Vientiane has been a really generous Consulate, perhaps they are getting tired of that generosity being taken advantage of.

Can't say that I blame them if someone shows up with 4 Tourist Visa entries, especially if they were consecutive. Perhaps you should have gotten a Non-immigrant "O" Visa if it was your intention to stay here long term. Ridiculous.