Best Way To Ship Boxes From Bkk To Cmx?

Genericnic

As part of my relocation to Thailand, I will be shipping about 14 boxes of books from Texas to Bangkok (most likely near Suvarnabhumi). They are 24" x 18" 18" each. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and what the cost might be?

Thanks

David

p.s. title should be CNX ... bad typing late at night

Edited by Genericnic

there is a few way .

but if you just want bangkok to chaingmai , you can use the TRAIN , or a Door to door delivery service .

the price dependon weight and 24" x 18 " x 18" not sure might be about 100-150b a box .

and since it book is kinda heavy .

so air cargo is out cos is going to be too expensive .

try ..

Nim express

if you need more help PM me and we talk over the phone ,

so to est . 14 boxes should not be more then

low end maybe 2000b

high end 3000b for est .

Sawasdee Khrup Khun GenericNic,

Welcome to Amazing Thailand !

If you are going to be in country, and be able to handle getting the boxes cleared through customs, that's one thing; if you are going to require an agent to get them through customs, and then shipped that's another.

And how you are shipping them from Texas (shipping company ? US Parcel Post) might come into play here ? Does the US still have a special class for sending books (by which we would assume they would have to travel by sea-mail requiring months ... and special water-tight packing) come into play here ?

Suggest you put a few more details out, and you may get more focused responses.

best, ~o:37;

Send them by train. And go to the train station and ASK them for the cost. Why ask for costs on here - especially seeing you don't seem to know the weight?

Irrespective of how you send them, you're going to need to transport them from Suvarnabhumi to either the rail or Mochit bus station and that will probably cost as much as the BKK to CNX leg.

there is a few way .

but if you just want bangkok to chaingmai , you can use the TRAIN , or a Door to door delivery service .

the price dependon weight and 24" x 18 " x 18" not sure might be about 100-150b a box .

and since it book is kinda heavy .

so air cargo is out cos is going to be too expensive .

try ..

Nim express

if you need more help PM me and we talk over the phone ,

so to est . 14 boxes should not be more then

low end maybe 2000b

high end 3000b for est .

Thanks for the quite interesting information re Nim Express.

I looked at their website but It looks like you need password access and I can't quickly see how to establish a password. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong part of thir site, I'm not sure.

Early next year I need to send about 10 plastic boxes (the typical plastic boxes, biggest size, with small wheels, that you can buy at Lotus etc., to store toys or similar) from Condo in Bkk to house in CM.

Can you share please:

- Whether Nim Express will pick up in Bkk and deliver to the house in CM?

- Approx. how many days from pick up to delivery in CM?

Your comments appreciated.

Edited by scorecard

Sawasdee Khrup Khun GenericNic,

Welcome to Amazing Thailand !

If you are going to be in country, and be able to handle getting the boxes cleared through customs, that's one thing; if you are going to require an agent to get them through customs, and then shipped that's another.

And how you are shipping them from Texas (shipping company ? US Parcel Post) might come into play here ? Does the US still have a special class for sending books (by which we would assume they would have to travel by sea-mail requiring months ... and special water-tight packing) come into play here ?

Suggest you put a few more details out, and you may get more focused responses.

best, ~o:37;

Thanks for the comments orang.

The boxes are being shipped through a shipping company and I will be in country when the boxes arrive so I will be able to get then through customs. Shouldn't be a big deal since it is mostly books.

I have already received a PM concerning getting them from customs in BKK to CNX at what seems to be a reasonable price.

Looks like things are sorting themselves out, as they usually do.

David

delivery i 1 days from bangkok to chiangmai - if you send it before 4-5 pm it should reach chaingmai the following days about noon

there do not pack and collect for you . there only do delivery .

so you need to pack it well and send to them ..

door to door delivery is very expensive .

when i move my house from bangkok to chiangmai . i let some of the chiangmai express delivery come collect from my house . cos me extra 1500b . and over all i spend like 9000b for all .

you can hire a huge truck for that price since oil went up it might be in the 10,000 range

there is many delivery up to chiangmai . you just got to see we can help you best and where you are .

i think you better aviod plastic boxes cos there will break and i don't think any of the delivery guys will pay you for that .

so go for paper cardboard boxes .