Military Amends Law For Transvestites,transsexuals

george

Military to amend law to accommodate transvestites and transsexuals

BANGKOK: -- Due to heavy complaints from transvestites and transsexuals who are exempt from the military because of "mental disorder", the Thai army is amending the law to omit the words and keep up with a changing society, an official said Wednesday.

All Thai men at the age of 20 are required by law to register to serve in the military as conscript soldiers. Recruits are selected by a lottery system, but each year thousands of men who dress, or have undergone surgeries to look like women receive certificates of exemption that are stamped "due to mental disorder".

The existing conscription law has been promulgated since 1954, when there were few homosexuals and transvestites, but society is changing rapidly, thus the army is in the process of amending the law and omitting those words from the certificate, Lt. Gen ArthornLohitkul, director general of the Army Reserve Command said.

Arthorn said that the army requires 80,000 new conscripts each year and that 1 per cent to 2 per cent who show up for the lottery are either transvestites, or transsexuals.

Gay rights activist Natee Theerarojnaphong launched the campaign to omit the words from the conscript exemption.

Employers would not hire people with a record of mental disorder to work in his company, Natee said, adding that people with mental disorders are also unable to make certain legal agreements.

Gay rights activist Natee Theerarojnaphong launched the campaign to omit the words from the conscript exemption.
I notice that he did'nt try to get the "exemption" overturned. So when thai men go and do the "conscription lottery" if they put a dress on they will be exempt? :o

So if they are still exempt from conscription, what is the reason for being exempt. Women serve in the forces, so they could wear their clothes, if that was the issue. I served in the Royal Navy and at the time it was illegal to be gay but now you can serve in all of the forces no matter which way you swing.

but now you can serve in all of the forces no matter which way you swing.

....and what if they have none to swing at all are they allowed?

...or does the Navy put extra meat and two veg on the menu? :D

:o

They never gave us extra meat only veg, which had been cooked and stewed for about 5 days, no flavour at all :D

As for "if they have none to swing at all". Well, all the ladies i have ever met didn't have any to swing and they were let in :D

They never gave us extra meat only veg, which had been cooked and stewed for about 5 days, no flavour at all :D

As for "if they have none to swing at all". Well, all the ladies i have ever met didn't have any to swing and they were let in :D

...."Every sailor loves a lady...." Hey Ho! :D

:D And "All the nice girls love a sailor" :D:D

:D

:D And "All the nice girls love a sailor" :D:D

So the old Royal Navy saying of Rum, Bum and Baccy has losts its meaning these days then? :o

As for ladies having nothing to swing, maybe you are looking too low down, and I'm not talking about breasts - ever been hit with a wok!! :D

As for ladies having nothing to swing, maybe you are looking too low down, and I'm not talking about breasts - ever been hit with a wok!! :D

Why is someone hitting you with a wok? :D