Marriage Visa Options

Hoping to marry in February, but do not need residency ... yet. Is there a simple marriage visa that is not bundled with residency?

My business in Europe and Australia, and am able to deal with 30 days at a time in Thailand, utilizing the simple 'permission to stay' stamp.

I am 61. I do not have unlimited funds which can afford to lay around inactive in bank acounts. We will be setting up house near her family home.

I wish we could get married in Australia or the UK (I have dual citizenship), and she can do the family gathering thing with monks etc here in Thailand.

Thanks in adavance

K

Marriage does not provide either a visa or residency in Thailand. But your would qualify for non immigrant O visa issue (which is also available to you by being over age 50 for retirement entry).

If you want to marry in UK or OZ you would have to check there requirement and if wife can travel/marry on the visa entry she would qualify for.

If you plan her living in Thailand and you traveling the best visa would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year of up to 90 day stay. You can obtain now in Hull with just her address but most other places would require marriage and perhaps proof of funds in a bank account.

No visa is bundled up with residency. You probably mean an extension of stay.

if you don't have enough with 30 day stamps on entry by air, you can get a multiple non-O visa. This visa is valid for one year, during which each time you travel to thailand you can stay for up to 90 days and then have to leave the country. As long as the visa is valid you cna simply leave Thailand, enter another country, leave that country and re-enter Thailand the same day. By re-entering Thailand just before the visa expires you can get alomost 15 months out of it.

No need to tie up funds:

Retirement requires:

an income of 65,000 baht a year

OR

800,000 in the bank in Thailand for at least 2 months (3 months every other extension)

OR

a combination of yearly income and money in the bank totaling 800,000 baht

Marriage:

an income of 40,000 a month

OR

400,000 in the bank in Thailand

Income can be from abroad.