Almost 5,000 Baht For Match Day Seat......

Zodiac

It's supply and demand rather than extortion.

Absolutely. Time will tell if the fans can afford it or not. At the moment Arsenal have good average gates, almost capacity. Saying that, I think 100 pounds to watch a game is expensive and I certainly wouldn't pay it for a seat only.

People must see more than 5000 baht of value to be willing to pay the 5000 baht asking price.

However, I do pay more than that at City but I get corporate with a 4 course dinner and have a chat with some of the City legends thrown in. Therefore, I think I get value for the money I spend.

Disgraceful.....!!!!!

United bear up quite well in that but, our increases are still too much even though cheap compared to others, it is still too much to attract the working man and his young un....!

What pisses me off and, has done for a long time now, is price tier match price fixing..!

redrus

Arsenal have always been expensive. There's a huge waiting list for season tickets, club members can get some discounts but still pay a lot.

This article being in the Daily mail, it's important to dig quite deep into it to get the facts. The seat in question is in the most expensive part of the ground. Still, I think football is pricing out the traditional fans, to be honest I think they're doing it on purpose. They don't want us any more. We shout and swear too much for their new-found sensibilities!

A friend of mine, upon the news of his daughters pregnancy, put the unborn child on the waiting list for the Arsenal season tickets. When the child was 6 the wait was over, he then had to buy three seasons in advance @£1,300 per season and renew his own seats for the same period!

Still, by now the grand-daughter should be old enough to go and watch them lose to Spurs, so ....money well spent then!

:lol:

Lots of people I know are deserting the Premier league and going to watch lower league stuff like Leyton Orient or Dagenham and Redbridge, they take their kids, have a few drinks and some pies and still come home with change from a ton. Like it used to be.

Watch the PL on the telly and let the mugs from Surrey and Hertfordshire pay £100 a seat!

I've stopped going myself, can't be arsed to arrange my work shifts around watching over-paid half-wits pretend to give a stuff about the club they play for. It's lost it's magic for me.

What pisses me off and, has done for a long time now, is price tier match price fixing..!

redrus

You mean all this 'category A game' stuff? yeah me too! How is that right?

They say supply an demand, I say taking the piss!

Fulham always do that to us (West Ham) it's a nice day out on the other side of town, we always fill up the allocation, and then some.

The facilities are a joke, their stand is crap (ok it's a bit better than when it was an open terrace with grass growing out of the steps!) and they have 2 caravans, one sells beer the other sells burgers, and some portaloos! By the time you've queued for a pint, queued for a burger, queued for a wee, the second half has already started and the 'stewards' (traffic wardens on their day off) are hassling you to go and sit down again. £50 a seat they wanted!

And, in that part of town, you need a mortgage for a pint after the game before the old bill abuse you on your way back to the station. Lovely!

redrus

You mean all this 'category A game' stuff? yeah me too! How is that right?

They say supply an demand, I say taking the piss!

Fulham always do that to us (West Ham) it's a nice day out on the other side of town, we always fill up the allocation, and then some.

The facilities are a joke, their stand is crap (ok it's a bit better than when it was an open terrace with grass growing out of the steps!) and they have 2 caravans, one sells beer the other sells burgers, and some portaloos! By the time you've queued for a pint, queued for a burger, queued for a wee, the second half has already started and the 'stewards' (traffic wardens on their day off) are hassling you to go and sit down again. £50 a seat they wanted!

And, in that part of town, you need a mortgage for a pint after the game before the old bill abuse you on your way back to the station. Lovely!

It isn't right but for a top team supporter too as at United its been like that for years... Top teams come to ours and they pay the same all through (about £40 I believe), we go away and the price for us could be £70 + yet Bolton go there the week after and its £35/£40....! How is that right..., just because they don't sell out one week, we have to make up the loss or what....!!!

Didn't realise you Irons got that same too....!

redrus

Went to watch the final of the Toyota League Cup between Buriram and Thai Port this afternoon at the National Stadium, near MBK. For the princely sum of 100 baht we were treated to an entertaining match and there was a much more lively atmosphere than you find at many Premier League stadiums.

100 pounds???? Ha! Ha!

Arsenal have always been expensive. There's a huge waiting list for season tickets, club members can get some discounts but still pay a lot.

This article being in the Daily mail, it's important to dig quite deep into it to get the facts. The seat in question is in the most expensive part of the ground. Still, I think football is pricing out the traditional fans, to be honest I think they're doing it on purpose. They don't want us any more. We shout and swear too much for their new-found sensibilities!

A friend of mine, upon the news of his daughters pregnancy, put the unborn child on the waiting list for the Arsenal season tickets. When the child was 6 the wait was over, he then had to buy three seasons in advance @£1,300 per season and renew his own seats for the same period!

Still, by now the grand-daughter should be old enough to go and watch them lose to Spurs, so ....money well spent then!

Lots of people I know are deserting the Premier league and going to watch lower league stuff like Leyton Orient or Dagenham and Redbridge, they take their kids, have a few drinks and some pies and still come home with change from a ton. Like it used to be.

Watch the PL on the telly and let the mugs from Surrey and Hertfordshire pay £100 a seat!

I've stopped going myself, can't be arsed to arrange my work shifts around watching over-paid half-wits pretend to give a stuff about the club they play for. It's lost it's magic for me.

Good post Biff and unfortunately i think you are right.

Nah the cynicism has just moved from the boardroom on to the pitch. He's right on the real fans being priced out though. A lot of people with season tickets don't go to every game anyway now....the only way to afford it these days which is lucky for those of us who are a long way down the waiting list.

Well at a MASSIVE club like....well you know where this is going........:D

Nah the cynicism has just moved from the boardroom on to the pitch. He's right on the real fans being priced out though. A lot of people with season tickets don't go to every game anyway now....the only way to afford it these days which is lucky for those of us who are a long way down the waiting list.

Well at a MASSIVE club like....well you know where this is going........:D

I love MASSIVE clubs me like..... :lol:

redrus

24 years ago, as a 10 year old lad, I paid 10p across Manchester on the bus and, 55p into the Stretford End as a Junior Left sider, around £1 for a day out all in.....!!!!

redrus

Without going too much off topic the first game i went to was Man utd at White Hart Lane. I seem to remember the match programme cost 5p!!!! It was a 1-1 draw. :)

Edited by carmine

24 years ago, as a 10 year old lad, I paid 10p across Manchester on the bus and, 55p into the Stretford End as a Junior Left sider, around £1 for a day out all in.....!!!!

redrus

Without going too much off topic the first game i went to was Man utd at White Hart Lane. I seem to remember the match programme cost 5p!!!! It was a 1-1 draw. :)

I don't think we could be more on topic mate, my maths is <deleted> but £1 to £100 over 24 years beats any rate of inflation I think I've ever seen...., its probably £5 for a programme now too...!

redrus

redrus

Wow, thats' absolutely incredible, blown me away in fact..

I was actually unaware they had Buses in Manchester in teh 80's..:D

They were saying on talk sport the other day that this is what happens when player power gets like what it is. 100 quid seems like a lot of money for one game. And that's excluding all the travel and beer costs.

don't think it's specifically player power to be honest - players don't set the wage levels, the vast majority of them just want to play football. the bigger picture view would point the finger at the likes of agents, sky sports, fifa, the fa, corporate sponsors, indeed anyone who has directly contributed to turning what was formerly a sport into a 'business'.

redrus

Wow, thats' absolutely incredible, blown me away in fact..

I was actually unaware they had Buses in Manchester in teh 80's..:D

They brought them in cos they produce less wear and tear on the cobble streets than our cloggs did :D

redrus

A shilling in your day carmine. ;)

Did you split half a crown with yer brother? :D

redrus

Again without straying ect ect, i'm glancing at my pinboard and I can see a standing ticket to the ill fated 87 fa cup final!!! £ 6 but its right next to a bruno v bugner ticket,, 87 also, which was £100 , <deleted> now that was a SERIOUS amount of money.

Edited by rijit