Roxy A Go-Go Bar, Overpriced Beer And Drinks!

dollarman

I visited Bangla Road last night for the first time in several months.

Lots of new signs and of course the new Soi Seadragon.

Beer was 70 baht, as it has been for a long time, in Kangaroo and, I believe, the other bars in that stretch. Paid 90 baht in Soi Eric and Soi Lion and 100 baht in Tiger.

I did spot the most expensive beer bar price I have seen in Thailand at Oscar Bar in Tiger. 150 baht for a regular beer in a standard beer bar! Now that is taking the p!ss big time. I took one look at the menu, told them in no uncertain terms that I would not be drinking there.

Has anyone seen a more expensive beer bar?

Edited by LivinginKata
name & shame not allowed

At least you can drink beer, I can't and I only drink whiskey coke, usually around 200 baht...that hurts

Several of the Bangla bars charge 120 baht for whisky-coke, even expensive brands like Red Label and Jack Daniels. Kangaroo was just mentioned.

You won't get the real stuff in all the bars

At least you can drink beer, I can't and I only drink whiskey coke, usually around 200 baht...that hurts

Several of the Bangla bars charge 120 baht for whisky-coke, even expensive brands like Red Label and Jack Daniels. Kangaroo was just mentioned.

You won't get the real stuff in all the bars

agree

but in Kangaroo you do :P:blink:

If you want cheap beer head to the 7/11 or go to Pattaya.

I gotta agree with some of the posters here Phuket is generally very expensive and has more ugly women than Pattaya.

Nice scenery, great for day trips to the islands but a tourist trap big time.

• 1 month later...

Hey dude,

I gotta tell you i have been at Oscar bar many times last year and been through "all" the menu card :-) I have so much fun there but a chang costs 90 baht sing, tiger and heiniken cost 100 - Corona cost 200 lady drink 200 So i think you must have been very drunk or you just speak bad about a competiter... I love the bar because there are no smart as farang who owns it and you can have fun all night just speaking and have fun.

Beer was 70 baht, as it has been for a long time, in Kangaroo and, I believe, the other bars in that stretch. Paid 90 baht in Soi Eric and Soi Lion and 100 baht in Tiger.

I did spot the most expensive beer bar price I have seen in Thailand at Oscar Bar in Tiger. 150 baht for a regular beer in a standard beer bar! Now that is taking the p!ss big time. I took one look at the menu, told them in no uncertain terms that I would not be drinking there.

Hey dude,

I gotta tell you i have been at Oscar bar many times last year and been through "all" the menu card :-) I have so much fun there but a chang costs 90 baht sing, tiger and heiniken cost 100 - Corona cost 200 lady drink 200 So i think you must have been very drunk or you just speak bad about a competiter... I love the bar because there are no smart as farang who owns it and you can have fun all night just speaking and have fun.

So you confirm Oscar bar in soi Tiger is much more expensive than most bars on Bangla road, where beer (Chang, Heineken, San Mig light, Singha you name it) are 60-70 baht and lady drinks 120 baht

Yeah i Confirm that all bars in soi tiger are more expensive... Quality costs, when i go for fun i will always prefere the bars in soi tiger - I find the atomosphere much better, better view :-) Always action and alot of people.

Now i will propally ofend some people but i always see more people wearing swim shorts and no shirts in the other soi, that i not see so often in Tiger which is also one of the resons i not come there so often. I know the ladies are cheap but there are no reason to look cheap. Cheap beers i buy at 7/11 and drink at home

So you confirm Oscar bar in soi Tiger is much more expensive than most bars on Bangla road, where beer (Chang, Heineken, San Mig light, Singha you name it) are 60-70 baht and lady drinks 120 baht

Yeah i Confirm that all bars in soi tiger are more expensive... Quality costs, when i go for fun i will always prefere the bars in soi tiger - I find the atomosphere much better, better view :-) Always action and alot of people.

Now i will propally ofend some people but i always see more people wearing swim shorts and no shirts in the other soi, that i not see so often in Tiger which is also one of the resons i not come there so often. I know the ladies are cheap but there are no reason to look cheap. Cheap beers i buy at 7/11 and drink at home

I wasnt talking about Soi bars, but Bangla Walking street bars, but what you say reflects my experience, the Soi bars are expensive while the better located Bangla Walking street bars are less expensive, and some of them play great music :D

Ah ok, thougt you ment the soi bars - Walking streat bars are great to, but i prefere them in day time - Getting stressed of all the people walking by in night time :-) Like to have some qute dancing lady tip over my drink aswell :-)

I wasnt talking about Soi bars, but Bangla Walking street bars, but what you say reflects my experience, the Soi bars are expensive while the better located Bangla Walking street bars are less expensive, and some of them play great music :D

Hey dude,

I wasn't drunk and I saw the menu. And I have no affiliation with any bars in Tiger. I don't like Soi Tiger anyway but with friends in town (who also saw the menu) I have to go to these places.

If I got it wrong I apologise but next time I am in Bangla I will double check.