What Is The Name Of This Resort?

Puccini

most of mae nam and bang por are incorrect and even very very old. on that map, natural wing is in mae nam and very near to The Sea but on the wrong side of each other when in reality they are each solidly in bang por and flip flopped. four seasons didn't even exist that i could tell, as the entire ban tai/bang por/bang makham map still shows forest area where four seasons is, no emerald residences along the beach etc.

don't suppose it matters too much in the grand scheme of things. nice looking at a map of what it used to be like many years ago.

Yep - that's Kirikayan Pool Villas on Mae Nam Soi 1 which is more or less opposite the police station in Mae Nam - on the corner where the new Family Mart is, anyway.

Not to be confused (if you are Googling or wanting to book online) with the other Kirikayan (Boutique resort) in Chaweng.

Rob

Thanks, everybody. Now I see the Kirikayan Resort on the map. My marker was too far south. Somebody vacationing in Thailand had sent me the co-ordinates and I was zoomed in so far that I did not notice the two resorts further north. It looks like it's out in the jungle.

...don't suppose it matters too much in the grand scheme of things. nice looking at a map of what it used to be like many years ago.

Samui doesn't seem high on the priorities for updating satellite images and related maps.

Do you have Googles details?Very broad statement on your behalf. Maybe you can help by posting one.

Do you have Googles details?Very broad statement on your behalf. Maybe you can help by posting one.

I made that guess on the basis of this:

...four seasons didn't even exist that i could tell, as the entire ban tai/bang por/bang makham map still shows forest area where four seasons is, no emerald residences along the beach etc...

But then I don't know when those buildings mentioned by Joe84330 were constructed. Getting information out of a Googler about how they work on their maps is absolutely impossible. They have all been sworn to secrecy. One thing I have noticed is that in Italy some rural areas are shown with a lower resolution than built-up areas, and I can well imagine that when it comes to updating satellite images and maps, Google might give a lower priority to Samui than to Bangkok, to Thailand than to the USA and Europe, etc. But this is just my guess, my imagination, because nobody will ever get anything out of a Googler that has not already been publicly announced by Google headquarters or on the official Google blog, and they often make their announcement about a new application after they have already put it online.

...four seasons didn't even exist that i could tell, as the entire ban tai/bang por/bang makham map still shows forest area where four seasons is, no emerald residences along the beach etc...

But then I don't know when those buildings mentioned by Joe84330 were constructed. Getting information out of a Googler about how they work on their maps is absolutely impossible. They have all been sworn to secrecy. One thing I have noticed is that in Italy some rural areas are shown with a lower resolution than built-up areas, and I can well imagine that when it comes to updating satellite images and maps, Google might give a lower priority to Samui than to Bangkok, to Thailand than to the USA and Europe, etc. But this is just my guess, my imagination, because nobody will ever get anything out of a Googler that has not already been publicly announced by Google headquarters or on the official Google blog, and they often make their announcement about a new application after they have already put it online.

After much prompting Google Earth updated Samui last year. Previously the images dated back to 2004. However they only managed to get 80% of the island, leaving the old images for the west coast and an strip of very ill defined area in the centre and heavily cloud covered areas over the NE. In the Google Earth web site there is a page for reporting out of date images, cloud covered images etc. If everyone keep sending them up date requests eventually they take notice.

http://earth.google.com/support/bin/request.py?&problem=billing&extra.customer=GEFree&contact_type=data

Go to this page and ask them to up date due to out of date image or cloud cover. The more people who do this the more likely thet are to take notice.

Edited by SamuiRes

...don't suppose it matters too much in the grand scheme of things. nice looking at a map of what it used to be like many years ago.

Samui doesn't seem high on the priorities for updating satellite images and related maps.

Last time I looked (about a year ago) not only was half of the island in LOW res but

Home Pro wasn't even built onto Tesco in Chaweng! I reckon Samui is about 4-5 years out of date!

R

Last time I looked (about a year ago) not only was half of the island in LOW res but

Home Pro wasn't even built onto Tesco in Chaweng! I reckon Samui is about 4-5 years out of date!

R

Go and check now as the latest images were put on line this year.

R

Go and check now as the latest images were put on line this year.

I just checked coordinates on Google earth, image July 2009, fairly recent.

I just checked coordinates on Google earth, image July 2009, fairly recent.

Not all of Samui...

The Western part, from the North to the South is still very old and some images are even dated: January 13, 2003, including in Nathon.

Google Earth doesn't even show new villas on the North West Point including some new hotels and resorts, built a few years ago.

It's also a pity that there are many white clouds over the Bophut area, as well as a nasty white cloud over the tip of the most North-Eastern tip of Samui.

But, the clouds over Lamai disappeared :rolleyes:...and I also noticed that the MOST SOUTHERN TIP OF -KOH PHANGAN- is now visible (but vague) which was not possible before (but I didn't go to GE for quite some time so maybe I missed it)

LaoPo