Chinese New Year

Hi.

I've got some friends who want to come here when all the Chinese Festivities are on. I know that this year the actual day is on the 3rd February but where is the show the most spectacular?

Mae Nam I know about - there's a lovely Chinese temple there too.

But what other places on Samui are there Chinese Temples? Anyone know?

Thanks

Rob

There's a nice Chinese temple in Nathon. Last year they held a big celebration several days later than Maenam temple, so that people didn't have to choose between the two.

Great - thanks - that's good to know. Do you know where it is?

Thanks

R

There's a nice Chinese temple in Nathon. Last year they held a big celebration several days later than Maenam temple, so that people didn't have to choose between the two.

Thanks

R

The one that I know of is down a side soi off the main one way section - left hand side.

From memory it is about 3/4 's of the way down the one way bit - near the Home Base place - small soi on the left.. Definitely after the market. You can see the temple from the main street. Lovely little thing!

Thanks

R

The one that I know of is down a side soi off the main one way section - left hand side.

From memory it is about 3/4 's of the way down the one way bit - near the Home Base place - small soi on the left.. Definitely after the market. You can see the temple from the main street. Lovely little thing!

Thanks, didn't know where it was. I'll look out next time I'm there.

ps - any idea if the Nathon fun comes before or after the Mae Nam stuff?

Cheers

R

Hua Thanon (Wat Anon), has a Chinese temple. On the ring road in the village. It's located on your right hand side just before the right turn, heading from Lamai to Nathon.

Thanks everyone for the info. (Didn't know about Hua Thanon - ta Roo.)Reckon we'll settle on Mae Nam as it's less of a jaunt than Nathon, even tho parking is a bummer.

Cheers,

Rob