Any Retired Lift Engineers In Chiang Mai?

briley

I am in a building that has a problem with the lifts.

We have been given advice by the maintenance company, but the cost is high.

We would love to know if there is a lift engineer in Chiang Mai that would give up an hour or so to look at our system and say if we are going down the correct path. I'm sure I could find a spare bottle of beer in exchange.

No1

I assume you know that there are three lift companies in Chiang Mai - but they operate a cartel and will not poach each others work.

They do seem to be honest and know their work. The last major work was correctly priced, but I am always worried about giving a million baht contract without at least a couple of opinions.

So far no lift (or even elevator) engineers around!

you're about to give out a million bahts contract and you only offered a 'spare' bottle of beer in exchange for an expert's opinion?

I'd rather you keep your beer and let the retired lift engineer have 30% of the savings you abtained by taking his advise to your lift issues, it this case i assume its a passenger lift in a hotel?

Ok.....I'm with.....errrrr.....I was with OTIS and Mitsubishi Lift back in my country (no, not china and I'm not chinese)

You may wanna consider getting in touch with me, and BTW, I'm a teatotaler, sorry about the 'spare beer' thingy back there.:jap:

Hey chill Briley....as you mentioned, its all for the humour....no offence intended.

So, do you wanna get in touch with me to check on your lift issues over a cup of Earl Grey and some scones & butter?

No payment coz I do not want Imm Visa guys to come knocking at my door.:jap:

Hey, if it is a 'retired' person then offering to pay would invalidate their visa and I don't want to be responsible for getting anyone deported!

And it was said tongue in cheek - British humour???????????

Yes, you certainly would not want to be receiving money in to an account outside of Thailand either. :whistling:

<br />Hey, if it is a 'retired' person then offering to pay would invalidate their visa and I don't want to be responsible for getting anyone deported!<br /><br />And it was said tongue in cheek - British humour???????????<br />
<br /><br /><br />

For the sake of your bank balance, please PM with your OWN e-mail before making any decisions.

Here in Chiang Mai is a qualified, much-praised young Thai lift engineer, now selling tickets at the railway station. Why? Glad you asked.

He was with the Finnish outfit, Kone, here in CM for some years and praised as the most polite and helpful of their whole team. Bangkok boss was so impressed he offered him a promotion to Bangkok. But the man loves CM and his family and said "No thanks." So the local CM boss fired him. Please don't ask me why, even he doesn't know. Must have been a loss of face thing, while I'd call it cutting off your nose to spite it.

Anyway, this man would give you a full consultation for a few hundred baht, and negotiate a discount on any new equipment for you here in CM. With the other 2 outfits. Not Kone. Understandably!

His English is not good, especially on the phone, but I can give you name, number and how to meet him at the railway station.