The Ashes

uptheos

[(quote)

It should be against forum rules to post pictures of Michael Clarke

on the forum mate. He's got the heart the size of a caraway seed.

I can accept the stick (barely), but please, no more photo's of him.

I've only just gotten out of the fetal position :D

Will

My Aussie friends told me that Michael Clarke was supposed to be the greatest thing since Australia voted to keep their Queen.

I saw him in an interview and he's a really nice bloke....had loads of nice stuff to say about England. smile.gif

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be against forum rules to post pictures of Michael Clarke

on the forum mate. He's got the heart the size of a caraway seed.

I can accept the stick (barely), but please, no more photo's of him.

I've only just gotten out of the fetal position :D

Will

My Aussie friends told me that Michael Clarke was supposed to be the greatest thing since Australia voted to keep their Queen.

I saw him in an interview and he's a really nice bloke....had loads of nice stuff to say about England. smile.gif

/quote]

That's the problem, he's a nice bloke.

The majority of captains have been hard men such as Chappelli, AB and

Tugger Waugh.

To quote one Andrew Symonds "if he worried more about his team mates

than his hair and shoes, he'd be a better cricketer":o

Oh the pain.

Regards

Will

/quote]

That's the problem, he's a nice bloke.

The majority of captains have been hard men such as Chappelli, AB and

Tugger Waugh.

To quote one Andrew Symonds "if he worried more about his team mates

than his hair and shoes, he'd be a better cricketer":o

Oh the pain.

Regards

Will

What hair?

I get your drift Will, but you're talking about very hard acts to follow!

However, I quite like this gentlemanly side of him, as the rest of the team seem to be following his example. wink.gif

I wish Ricky wouldn't chew his nails when they zoom in on him.

Edited by uptheos

Looks as if the only fight given by the Aussies was Ian Chappell

and Sir Ian Botham in the carpark. Seems like the boys have

been at it again.

They're old enough to know better but I guess they still have

the burning passion that made them the fine cricketers they were.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_ian-chappell-botham-renew-their-grudge-in-adelaide-oval-car-park-scuffle_1477942

Will

Looks as if the only fight given by the Aussies was Ian Chappell

and Sir Ian Botham in the carpark. Seems like the boys have

been at it again.

They're old enough to know better but I guess they still have

the burning passion that made them the fine cricketers they were.

http://www.dnaindia....scuffle_1477942

Will

Thanks for that Will......they just don't make 'em like that anymore mate.

Aussie friends you didn't really think I would let The Ashes die.........did you?

Anyway, mates, sports, et al, get ready for another pasting and remember you can either watch it on the big screen or stream it or listen to it on radio. If you want to watch it on the big screen at UN Irish Pub, the program is below, though if I were an Aussie I'd probably lay low right now. It starts at 0930 which is a much more sensible time and hopefully after Perth, I won't really need to worry about the other venues being 4 hours ahead, cos it'll all be over and I can lay in. wink.gif

Wed 15th 5:00pm NHL– Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia (108) ®

7:00pm NFL– St. Louis @ New Orleans(108) ®

8:30pm LiveMusic – Open Mic Hosted by Lindsay

8:30pm HeinekenCup – Munster v Ospreys (Euro) ®

10:00pm UFC- #115 (108) ®

10:15pm HeinekenCup – London Irish v Toulon(Euro) ®

10:30pm EPL– Newcastle v Liverpool12/12 (101)

Thu 16th 9:30am TheAshes – Australia v England

6:00pm NHL– NY Rangers @ Philadelphia(108) ®

8:00pm NHL– Columbus @ Vancouver(108) ®

8:30pm QuizNight – 1st, 2nd, 3rd & Triers'Prizes

11:00pm UFC- #124 (108) ®

Fri 17th 8:15am NFL– San Francisco @ San Diego(108/111) Live

9:30am TheAshes – Australia v England

6:30pm NFL– Baltimore @ Houston(108) ®

8:30pm LiveMusic – Irish Country with Mac & Mel

9:00pm NFL– San Francisco @ San Diego(108) ®

11:00pm EPL– West Ham v Man City 11/12 (101) ®

11:30pm UFC- #116 (108) ®

Sat 18th 9:30am TheAshes – Australia v England

5:00pm NHL– Boston @ Montreal(108) ®

7:00pm NHL– Toronto @ Calgary (108) ®

7:45pm EPL– Sunderland @ Bolton (101/111)

8:30pm HeinekenCup - Benetton Treviso v Scarlets (Euro)

10:00pm EPL– Arsenal v Stoke (101/111)

10:00pm EPL– Birmingham v Newcastle (103)

10:30pm HeinekenCup – Ospreys v Munster(Euro)

12:30am EPL– Liverpool v Fulham (103/111) (1st halfonly)

12:45am HeinekenCup – Leinster v Clermont (Euro)

Sun 19th 9:30am TheAshes – Australia v England

7:00pm EPL– West Brom v Wolves

8:00pm HeinekenCup – London Wasps v Newport(Euro)

8:30pm EPL– Blackpool v Tottenham

10:00pm HeinekenCup – Leicester v Perpignan(Euro)

11:00pm EPL– Chelsea v ManU (101/111)

Mon 20th 8:15am NFL– Green Bay @ New England(108/111) Live

9:30am TheAshes – Australia v England

2:00pm NFL– Philadelphia@ NY Giants (108) ®

4:30pm NFL– New Orleans @ Baltimore (108) ®

7:00pm NFL– Atlanta @ Seattle (108) ®

8:45pm HeinekenCup – Racing Metro v Sarcens (Euro) ®

9:30pm NFL– Green Bay @ New England(108) ®

10:30pm HeinekenCup – Benetton Treviso v Scarlets (Euro) ®

Tue 21st 8:30am NFL– Chicago @ Minnesota(108/111) Live

12:00pm NHL– Anaheim @ Boston (108) ®

2:00pm NHL– Montreal @ Colorado (108) ®

6:30pm NFL– Green Bay @ New England(108) ®

7:30pm EPL– Man City v Everton 21/12 (111) ®

8:30pm LiveMusic – Irish Country with Mac & Mel

9:00pm HeinekenCup – Ospreys v Munster(Euro) ®

9:30pm NFL– Chicago @ Minnesota(103) ®

Edited by uptheos

Aussie friends you didn't really think I would let The Ashes die.........did you?

Anyway, mates, sports, et al, get ready for another pasting and remember you can either watch it on the big screen or stream it or listen to it on radio. If you want to watch it on the big screen at UN Irish Pub, the program is below, though if I were an Aussie I'd probably lay low right now. It starts at 0930 which is a much more sensible time and hopefully after Perth, I won't really need to worry about the other venues being 4 hours ahead, cos it'll all be over and I can lay in. wink.gif

Just read a post where an Aussie tourist got attacked from an elephant guide in CM.

We've lost the 2nd test. What's going on?

The only Aussie having a win at the minute is Shane Warne the lucky buggar :D

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/perth-confidential/yeah-baby-liz-hurley-has-really-fallen-for-shane-warne/story-e6frg30l-1225970892737

Regards

Will

Just read a post where an Aussie tourist got attacked from an elephant guide in CM.

We've lost the 2nd test. What's going on?

The only Aussie having a win at the minute is Shane Warne the lucky buggar :D

http://www.perthnow....l-1225970892737

Regards

Will

Hey Will, good to to hear from you mate. I wonder if Warne has demonstrated his googly yet, the flipper, the one off the wrist or the one that goes on with the arm? Despite what I say, I hope it's a good game, though if we trounce you I will shed no tears. smile.gif

Nice to see a big crowd at the UN Irish Pub today for the 3rd test. Mostly Brits, but a few brave Aussies.....good on ya mates.thumbsup.gif

Considering the terrible start Australia made, they fought back and did very well to reach 268 all out.......hopefully Cooke can wipe that out all by himself, but it was a bit heartless of him hitting a six, off a fast bowlers second over. wink.gif

Will: I see what you mean about Clarke and caraway seeds.......that shot wasn't even worthy of the Chiang Mai sixes! And what shall we say about the Captain? violin.gif

Edited by uptheos

Nice to see a big crowd at the UN Irish Pub today for the 3rd test. Mostly Brits, but a few brave Aussies.....good on ya mates.thumbsup.gif

Considering the terrible start Australia made, they fought back and did very well to reach 268 all out.......hopefully Cooke can wipe that out all by himself, but it was a bit heartless of him hitting a six, off a fast bowlers second over. wink.gif

Will: I see what you mean about Clarke and caraway seeds.......that shot wasn't even worthy of the Chiang Mai sixes! And what shall we say about the Captain? violin.gif

Zzzzzz... It's like the record's stuck!! :)

What, was there a game on today? :D

Thank Goodness for Hussey and Haddin (again) plus Johnson.

You know you're having big problems when numbers 5 and 6

have to keep saving you.

I think Ponting has to drop down to 5. At 36, he just can't cope

with the moving ball anymore.

Don't get me started on that softy Clarke. I knew when he left a tour

in NZ a few seasons ago because he had problems with his girlfriend

that he was an over-rated metrosexual.

The worse thing is, the cupboards empty.

Once again, thanks to True Visions for not showing it ;)

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Aaah, couldn't resist a peek eh? smile.gif

Must say you've not been very annoying recently... You need to work on that, I might lose interest! :)

have to keep saving you.

Once again, thanks to True Visions for not showing it :D

Regards

Will

Hi Will, I won't get you started on Clarke wink.gif but are you saying he is, "a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis – because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object. Particular professions, such as modeling, waiting tables, media, pop music and, nowadays, cricket, seems to attract him".

Fully agree about Ponting and yes the cupboard does appear empty at the moment, but despair not, you know the Aussies 'they'll be back'. smile.gif

Must say you've not been very annoying recently... You need to work on that, I might lose interest! :)

What ANOTHER peek? wink.gif

have to keep saving you.

Regards

Will

Hi Will, I won't get you started on Clarke wink.gif but are you saying he is, "a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis – because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object. Particular professions, such as modeling, waiting tables, media, pop music and, nowadays, cricket, seems to attract him".

Fully agree about Ponting and yes the cupboard does appear empty at the moment, but despair not, you know the Aussies 'they'll be back'. smile.gif

Yep, I couldn't have put it any better about Clarke.

Tomorrow's another day though and maybe Siddle or someone else

can turn the game on it's head.

That's why IMHO, it's the greatest game in the world.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Till tomorrow

Will

have to keep saving you.

Regards

Will

Till tomorrow

Will

Too bad Clarke now has this reputation, he was supposed to be the main person to lead Australia on to great things after Ponting.

It is a great game and of course by tonight I could be eating humble pie, which I can assure you wouldn't be the first time during an Australia v England series.......mind you I ate it so often that I quite got used to the taste. bah.gif

I wonder if ChiangMai 2 likes cricket, I notice him lurking around this thread quite a lot, but rarely comments except for yesterday.

Blinky Bill has hibernated!

Maybe the rain has something to do with the deep depression that The Ashes has caused to many Aussies in Chiang Mai. wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

[Nice to see a big crowd at the UN Irish Pub today for the 3rd test. Mostly Brits, but a few brave Aussies.....good on ya mates.thumbsup.gif

have to keep saving you.

Regards

Will

Till tomorrow

Will

Too bad Clarke now has this reputation, he was supposed to be the main person to lead Australia on to great things after Ponting.

It is a great game and of course by tonight I could be eating humble pie, which I can assure you wouldn't be the first time during an Australia v England series.......mind you I ate it so often that I quite got used to the taste. bah.gif

I wonder if ChiangMai 2 likes cricket, I notice him lurking around this thread quite a lot, but rarely comments except for yesterday.

Blinky Bill has hibernated!

Saw the highlights (lowlights) on the Australian channel last night.

Still can't believe how soft Clarkes shot was.

How many chances do we have to drop?

If we get Cook out before tea, I'm taking that

as a win :D

Saw the highlights (lowlights) on the Australian channel last night.

Still can't believe how soft Clarkes shot was.

How many chances do we have to drop?

If we get Cook out before tea, I'm taking that

as a win :D

It was a shot of schoolboy proportions, feet firmly planted and bat waving in the air. At least he did the gentlemanly thing and walked, unlike that other guy (whose name escapes me) who knew he nicked it, but stayed his ground until given out on appeal........made him look a bit of a pillock really.

What would David Shephard and Dickie Bird have made of all these TV replays?

A lady walked into a Police Station and the desk Sergeant said

"Can I help you?"

"Yes" she said, "I'd like to report a case of sexual assault".

"Where did it happen?" the Sergeant asked.

"In the park just down the road" she replied.

"Can you describe what happened?"

"Yes, I was walking along the footpath in the park near the trees when a man jumped out of the

bushes and dragged me in there, removed my underwear then he dropped his pants to his knees and had his way with

me".

"Could you give me a description of him?"

"Yes, he was wearing white shoes, long white trousers, a white shirt and he had these two big long pads from

his feet up to and over his knees, one on each leg".

"Sounds to me like he was a cricketer, most probably a

batsman", said the Sergeant.

"Yes", said the lady, "He was an Aussie Cricketer".

"That's very observant", said the Sergeant,

"You worked that out from his accent?"

"No", she replied. "I worked it out because he wasn't in for very long".

Cheers Solo....I needed a chuckle biggrin.gif.......Australia were 6:00 to win at the start of play, they're now 1:37!! sad.gif

It's Will's fault for being so positive.........can you please quit that nonsense Will? wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

I have a very strong suspicion that it's humble pie for dinner tonight. sick.gif

Buy hey, I forgot about Will's fat lady. wink.gif

We're back baby!!

Good old tough Ashes battles, I love it.

I'm just happy that we're competitive.

Win, lose or draw, I don't know how long

the selectors can keep Clarke and Ponting

in the side. You can't keep being 3 for not

many.

I reckon we'll need 350 to be a chance so the first

session will be vital.

"Buy hey, I forgot about Will's fat lady."

Don't talk about the wife like that :D

Regards

Will

I have a very strong suspicion that it's humble pie for dinner tonight. sick.gif

Buy hey, I forgot about Will's fat lady. wink.gif

We're back baby!!

Good old tough Ashes battles, I love it.

I'm just happy that we're competitive.

Win, lose or draw, I don't know how long

the selectors can keep Clarke and Ponting

in the side. You can't keep being 3 for not

many.

I reckon we'll need 350 to be a chance so the first

session will be vital.

"Buy hey, I forgot about Will's fat lady."

Don't talk about the wife like that :D

Regards

Will

Hey Will, the fat lady's warming up! sad.gif