Tiger Boxer 250 Rs Question

Fishenough

Hello

Would any Tiger Boxer 250RS owner in Chiang Mai consider letting my wife view there bike? Even a test ride in the parking lot, if acceptable.

Will gladly buy dinner, or lunch, for you for such showing. PM or email if possible.

My wife is interested in a new bike, and though the new Honda CBR250 looks great, she considers it too sporty in seating position. And since the dealers here don't stock Tiger Boxer 250's in Chiang Mai, she has yet to see one close up. Her previous ride was a Phantom.

Thanks,

Kev

I went into the dealer near the railway station today and was told they can no longer order them as the factory stopped making them. At least that's what I thought they said, heard the words "sang mai dai" and "mai dai tam iik laew".

This could be because she saw farang and tried to get rid of me as fast as possible, not wanting to have to speak to me in my broken Thai. So, before I send a Thai friend to the trouble of enquiring for me, can someone confirm they're still available. I couldn't find the other shop in Chiang Mai.

Thanks.

I went into the dealer near the railway station today and was told they can no longer order them as the factory stopped making them. At least that's what I thought they said, heard the words "sang mai dai" and "mai dai tam iik laew".

This could be because she saw farang and tried to get rid of me as fast as possible, not wanting to have to speak to me in my broken Thai. So, before I send a Thai friend to the trouble of enquiring for me, can someone confirm they're still available. I couldn't find the other shop in Chiang Mai.

Thanks.

Yes, the Boxers are available ..... likely a misunderstanding or miscommunication.

Google for "Tiger Sachs Club" and you will find that you can actually order the Boxer of your wish online too & delivered to CM .

mbox

Yes, I have blue one. I'm pretty busy right now, but I'm sure we could work something out for her to try it. I'm out on highway 1001 toward Maejo, but am sometimes in town or RaumChok (I'm told there's a Rimping around there too).

Mine is the one with the custom seat and top box (with two Tiger-Fax stickers on its sides. I would have put the sticker on the rear of the bike for the red Tiger to see as it faded into the distance, but Mbox sent me two.:whistling:

Yes, I have blue one. I'm pretty busy right now, but I'm sure we could work something out for her to try it. I'm out on highway 1001 toward Maejo, but am sometimes in town or RaumChok (I'm told there's a Rimping around there too).

Mine is the one with the custom seat and top box (with two Tiger-Fax stickers on its sides. I would have put the sticker on the rear of the bike for the red Tiger to see as it faded into the distance, but Mbox sent me two.:whistling:

Der CMX i shall send more stickers asap....how many would you like?

mbox

Naboo,

My own experience is that ordering through the service mentioned by Mbox above is super and communication in English, of course.

I too have had communication problems with that dealer (having a very tough time of Thai language).

Thanks for the link mbox, and for the recommendation CMX. I've just ordered one through the website, hope its here by Christmas when I have a 2 week holiday . Total newbie to anything bigger than a Honda Wave, figured this is the ideal next step up. Reviews all seem to be fantastic, only negative opinion was my mechanic who muttered something under his breath and said "buy Honda better". I didn't listen. cool.gif

Shame the shop by the railway station didn't look after me today, I'd been there last month and one of the sales girls had been most helpful, spoke excellent English. I was going to ask them how much they wanted as a deposit, then go back with a Thai friend and sort out the details. Ah well....

Naboo,

The Boxer is IMO great for entry level Bikers and allrounder Biking . Although i wasn't really entry level Biker but i enjoyed the Rides i have done on my Boxer 250. 

About your mechanics opinion...i heard  these stories also before but was glad to go ahead and got myself that Bike.   

I guess the CM-dealer you went to needs some training session amongst his sales staff.

happy trails,

mbox

Supanit TIGER Shop in CNX is a little bit strange sometimes, but not more than other Thai workshops. In my case the maintenances were 100% OK and really really cheap. To find english spoken staff can be difficult, but normal in LOS. Ordering spareparts can be a long action and takes offen more than 2 weeks. What make me surprise are the fixed prices for the bikes, 2nd hand or new. You can talk and talk and talk and talk. No or just a very little discount (500 THB) is available. And there are some bikes more than 2 years in the showroom. But they let them rotten before they reduce the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously considering to buy a Tiger Boxer too. Since I've had the experience of making the wrong choice for a motorbike before though (an expensive lesson), I'm desperately looking for the chance to make a few meters on such a bike. Just up and down a soi would do it. Since you mentioned Maejo (and I'm living 3 km from Maejo), maybe you could help me out with this?

BTW, reading pretty positive stuff about this bike, especially considering it's price. Only one thing is: Nobody concerned about continuity of such a small enterprise?

We're still very much interested in the Tiger, and thank you for the offers of a test ride.

Currently waiting for the launch of the CBR250, as the ABS option sounds like the bee knees for an experienced rider. From everything I've read the Boxer sounds like a great bike at a really good price, but this bike isn't for me. Though I do except to get plenty of ride time as she'd never use her 'big bike' for riding around the city, final choice is her's of course.

Surprised that the few owners of bike rental shops, that I've talked with, won't purchase Tigers because of brand name image only. Consider all factors (cheap parts, good service, rentals are almost exclusively to foreigner, etc)would apppear that a Tiger would be a good choice for rental shop stock.

Cheers

Venman,

It's raining! However, I live 3kms south of Maejo, and could meet you at one of the banks in town, for example, so that you could get a sense of the machine.

If you click on my avatar, you should find your way to sending a personal message (PM) and we can work out some times.

Incidentally, the bike is running perfectly on all cylinder. :rolleyes: I was going up to Doi Suthep this morning just for fun.

Edited by CMX