Ipad - The Daily - By Steve Jobs + Rupert Murdoch

LaoPo

I'm surprised nobody started a topic about this sensational creation of a "Digital Newspaper" especially created for the iPad (and future other tablets).

For $ 0,99/week you can have a subscription on The Daily and experts expect that within a year one can have access to many other printed newspapers and all all kinds of other news sources and media in many languages around the world, apart from The Daily news itself.

That's for less than $ 52 per year.

Read your favorite newspaper from your lazy chair in the garden or on the beach, at the office, during lunch, in bed...everywhere....instantly.

The possibilities are mind boggling; videos, maps, movies, stock markets etc

Murdoch and Jobs worked together, creating The Daily, and a staff of more than 100 high qualified reporters have been working on The Daily which has a huge budget to start; around $ 30 million.

It's expected that The Daily will be launched already in December. This is going to cost the printed newspapers a lot of subscribers.....IF they don't react quickly and join forces with Job and Murdoch!!

News Corp set to unveil iPad newspaper

http://news.smh.com....1121-182ce.html

LaoPo

It certainly has the potential of creating something great there -but keep in mind the only reason this hasn't already happened is is that the newspapers were afraid of losing print subscriptions.

It's a pretty bold move on Murdoch's side. And yes the possibilities and potential are enormous.

The only problem I see is Murdoch - the owner FOX news...so we can expect bad hairdos, American flags, stupidity, and propaganda in equal measures.

Edited by nikster

It certainly has the potential of creating something great there -but keep in mind the only reason this hasn't already happened is is that the newspapers were afraid of losing print subscriptions.

It's a pretty bold move on Murdoch's side. And yes the possibilities and potential are enormous.

The only problem I see is Murdoch - the owner FOX news...so we can expect bad hairdos, American flags, stupidity, and propaganda in equal measures.

I don't know but Jobs certainly must have had his voice in this; next to that I understood from many different news publications about the new venture that the hired journalists are of high standards and qualifications.

We just have to wait and see; I'm curious....

I for instance have a subscription on a daily newspaper (not even on Sundays) which cost me € 70 per 3 months (US$ 93 per 3 mnths).....and if the content on The Daily would be nice, what to do with my present daily?

And, I'm not alone in this....

It could be a big blow in the face of world wide newspapers.

LaoPo