Do You Have More Than 3 Tourist Visa? 1 Easy Option For You

I had exactly this problem and with 3 back to back double entry tourist visa from Vientiane I just didnt wanted to take the chances to get refused So if you had already 3 or 4 tourist visas from Vientiane the solution is to apply for a new passport.* Just before you go to get you new passport make a border run and come back with the visa exemption stamp than pick up your passport. They will cancel the old one and give you a letter. Go to Immigration and transfer your permission to stay and you are ready for the next visa run to Vientiane.

For what do you have to go to Poipet ?

Because when they transfer your permission to stay the immigration officer will write down in your new passport your old visa type and number. And visa numbers are allocated in batches to the embassies so There is a real possibility that in Vientiane when they quick check your passport they realize that your last visa was from them. With that it is very possible that you are investigated further and they discover that this would be your 5th back to back tourist visa.

With a visa exemption stamp transfered to your new passport you just look like a real tourist and with around 400 - 500 Visa applications a day in Vientiane I don't think they have the time to check the history of travel to Thailand for each person so they will probably only check those person who at the first sight look suspicions (many visas to Thailand all extended the 30 days and with one border run in the middle of each 6 month period and no other trips outside of Thailand)

* To apply for a new passport if you still have a lot of free pages which I really doubt if you have so many double entry visas just go swimming with it. After that new embassy will refuse to issue you a new one and there a plenty of cases where this happens to normal tourists