Brother Printer

stats

Hey Guys....

I was at Pantip Yesterday looking around for a new printer...I came accross Brother DCP-110C PRinter at a promotional price of 3,800 Baht...Good Value for money...

Is any of you guys have any experience using Brother products,Printers??? Please tell me some good or bad review on Brother products...As i need to buy a new printer and dump my old cannon pinter away....

Brother DCP-110C Printer Site

i got a MFC-410 for home....all in one....210C + lan support...

no problems so far...

the only thing is the print head is attached to the printer n not on the cartrige...so no cheap refills....gotta use only the genuine cartridge.....

its ok as at home not much printing needs....

use a brother laser at office...after abt 2 yrs the rubber got dirty n had frequent paper jamms.....got the printer serviced(cleaned up with some solution) as good as new again....

I'm from the old school, printers are made by Epson, Canon and Centronics.

HP make superb electronic test gear.

Brother make sewing machines ('sewing products' on their home page).

That said, Brother printers seem reasonably well built with fair performance and sensible price/performance.

BUT. running costs seem higher, replacement cartidges (even pattern ones) are more costly than the mainstream manufacturers. Refill / continuous flow kits do not seem to be available as yet.

Don't expect a four colour printer to produce stunning photographs (pretty good though).

Do the sums before comitting.

Having said all that, I have a Kenwood hi-fi in the car, they make kitchen appliances :o

EDIT: I do have a particular dislike of 'all in ones'. If one bit goes wrong (say the fax) you lose all. Can your business afford to be without everything whilst it's fixed.

As in all these things, my opinon, YMMV.

Edited by Crossy

i got a MFC-410 for home....all in one....210C + lan support...

no problems so far...

the only thing is the print head is attached to the printer n not on the cartrige...so no cheap refills....gotta use only the genuine cartridge.....

its ok as at home not much printing needs....

use a brother laser at office...after abt 2 yrs the rubber got dirty n had frequent paper jamms.....got the printer serviced(cleaned up with some solution) as good as new again....

I git some ink refills from Data IT, in a box with G&G written on it, the people say they work fine, cost 420 Baht over arounf 600 Baht for the Brother ones, have;nt had a chanceto test them yet though. Could be a lemon.

Thanks fot the reply you guys...Well yes i am still considering Brother Printer..Brother (DCP-110C) seems that there is a wide range of products available in the market today....

I will mostly prints colour photos and also do lots of printing from websites etc

Ill give it a try for Brother Printer

Edited by tytus

The review I read did not rate it very highly for color prints but if you are not too critical or compare closely to todays best it will probably do the job ok

Thats the problem...When i was at Pantip Data IT they do not have the the Sample of Colour prints of brother as they told me they lost it....And i dont know how good is their color printing...

Well i am looking for all in one printer (PRINT,SCAN,COPY) Budget around 4k Baht......

Any other recomendation ???

I doubt that any others will be much, or any, better at that price as it is just about a low as you can go and as you say very good value for a dual function machine. Believe Cannon also has a model in the same price range but not sure if it would be any better printing photos or not. They do have a very good printer line now, but as normal the better quality is a few steps up from the low price leaders.

To be honest a four colour printer (like this Brother) will only give barely adequate results printing photographs. A lot depends upon how critical you are.

The six colour printers are much better (and correspondingly more expensive) but I don't think anyone does a combo model.

Ive seen that Canon have got the same Model just like Brother and its 4K baht...But without the memory card fuction...

Ill go to Fortune Tower and see if they have got the Sample of Brother Printer Sample pics

Edited by tytus

To be honest a four colour printer (like this Brother) will only give barely adequate results printing photographs. A lot depends upon how critical you are.

The six colour printers are much better (and correspondingly more expensive) but I don't think anyone does a combo model.

correct....

but for average users(like me) most they need is document printing....

4 color is fine for documents...news letters....and the very-very occaisonal printing photographs....

if the printer requirements r for professional purposes then one should not even think of MFC....

the MFC manufacturers wouldnt put in the pro stuff.....how much ppl would fit into te category of {(needs professional photograph printing) AND (needs fax) AND (doesnt mind spending expensive ink on stupid fax)} OR (has excessive money)

Well i think im an average user normally will print document and some photos instead of going to the Photo shops at the mall thats all....So Do you think Brother DCP-110C Printer Site a good Buy for me?

Edited by tytus

Agreed devil-dog 100%

What triggered my response was that Tytus specifically mentioned printing 'mostly' colour photographs.

Perhaps he should do what I ended up doing, get a 4 colour combo unit (the Brother or similar) and then, when finances allow get a decent 6 (7,8) colour photo printer.

To sort of answer Tytus question, cheapie 4 colour printers are all much the same quality. If the ink costs are not excessive and the quality is enough for you go for it. Personally I would go for Epson or Canon, but that's only MY opinion, others may choose to disagree.

Edited by Crossy

Oh so Those printers have got different slots of numbers in different printers...geez i just get to know about it...Well ill get something cheepie at the moment first.... Somekind like Brother or similar...

[ bought the Brother DCP110C printer on 16th June. When you load the software it offers you the chance to log onto the Brother main site and register yourself as the owner. This I tried to do but Brother will not accept registrations from Thailand. They sell the bloody things here but won't acknowledge them.

The printer/copier/scanner worked fine for a month and then the black stopped printing completely. I couldn't find (and still can't find ) the guarntee card but I took it into the main Brother agent in Khon Kaen. They said the heads are useless and want 2,800 baht to replace them. One month's home use ! It's still on the first set of inks.

So my message is stuff Brother and don't touch it. Buy a printer from a printer company. And for God's sake keep the guarantee safe.

Derek Bingham

Khon Kaen

normally whatever i have got repaired(didnt try brother) in thailand i never produced any gurantee card or a receipt...

examples include acer notebook, palm treo(support by phone then instant replacement)

anywars learnt frm yr experience..... to keep the cards/receipts safe...

Latest News

Just bought Brother (DCP-110C) Printer at Central Chitlom Power Buy....Only for 4200Baht With 3 years warranty..(Parts,Service,Maintanance)

Looks good....But unforutunately it does not include the USB 2.0 Cable which connect from printer to PC...Rush down to Carrefour and bought the cable for 180baht.....

Thank you for everyone views on this Brother Printer...ill try it for a few months and see if its reliable or not....

They also include a stikers to be paste on my brother printer proofe of waranty so that we do not need to bring along the waranty card for service...Its all stated on the Stiker..

Thanks all

Edited by tytus

I have just bought a Canon MP110 and it works fine. I have the guarantee card which I will send to Head Office in Bangkok.

But it's hardly worth it as to quote from the guarantee card (printed in very small red letters

" 3.2 All consumable item (e.g.: ink/toner cartridge, print head, thermal print head, scanner cartridge, drum unit, paper, halogen lamp, ITD, ITB, oil & web roller, and waste ink absorber ) and other accessories / optional items (e.g.: copy board glass, telephone handset, external cover, hard & floppy disk drives, interface units, adapter, scanner cartridge and batteries) are excluded from the warranty coverage. "

There's not a lot left is there? But I will send the card and keep my copy safe with the receipt. Probably in the box it all came in. We live and learn.

Derek

soggy Khon Kaen