Online Photo Sharing Sites

Tywais

Watching the photo forum regularly I noticed myself less interested in viewing a photo if it is thumbnailed due to using the local attachment feature. Partly due to having a slow connection at home and the lightbox view is not convenient and some photos may be so large that I have to give up on it.

The photos that are fully embedded through external links gets you the view immediately and in a reasonable size for loading. I started investigating online photo sharing sites and thought I would pass the information on. I suggest members who post photos regularly to sign up for a free account and use those to link post your images. I just opened a Flickr account recently and uploaded and posted my first photo today here.

Photo sharing services reviews - CNet

Mobilizing your photos

Flickr review

Photobucket review

Webshots review

Watching the photo forum regularly I noticed myself less interested in viewing a photo if it is thumbnailed due to using the local attachment feature.

As a member with limited speed and a monthly cap, I have to disagree.

A thread with many linked images can be very slow to load.

A thumbnail gives me a chance to see what the photo is and then decide whether

to view the full size image.

However in both cases it is important to make sure the photos are of a reasonable size and resolution.

For screen viewing 72dpi is the optimum resolution and 1024 x 720 pixels is a reasonable size