World Cup 2018.....Who Wins The Prize?

NADTATIDA1

Just in.

First round votes:-

England 2

Holland / Belgium 4

Spain/Portugal 7

Russia 8 (i think)

What an absolute joke. If the criteria isn't the best bid FIFA should tell what the criteria is so that6 countries don't waste time, effort, money and most of all....hope.

With only 22 people voting its a system open to corruption. Better to let all FIFA members have a single vote, too many people to bribe.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like the NoW sting and the Panorama report must have done some damage. Well thats it until 2030 which is when we are allowed to bid again.

Whilst it was irresponsible of panorama to time it like they did it is the corruption to blame, not Panorama.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjlZw9NGSlU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wQy4eT4M9I&feature=related

2022 FIFA World Cup

Round 1: Australia 1 vote, Japan 3 votes, Korea Republic 4 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 3 votes (Australia eliminated)

Round 2: Japan 2 votes, Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 10 votes and USA 5 votes (Japan eliminated)

Round 3: Korea Republic 5 votes, Qatar 11 votes, USA 6 votes (Korea Republic eliminated)

Round 4: Qatar 14 votes and USA 8 votes (Qatar obtained an absolute majority)

Just in.

First round votes:-

England 2

Holland / Belgium 4

Spain/Portugal 7

Russia 8 (i think)

What an absolute joke. If the criteria isn't the best bid FIFA should tell what the criteria is so that6 countries don't waste time, effort, money and most of all....hope.

I trust David Cameron will have been on the phone to the Panorama team offering every assistance for their next follow up programme. ;)

Beyond a joke....the message from FIFA is crystal clear.

I would look at it this way. No further need for the cringe inducing overtures to Blatter Warner and Co. If the voting figures are correct it is a disgrace in my opinion. England would be quite justified to tell Blatter he can shove the World Cup until there is a honest regime in FIFA.

Just hearing now on Sky a suggestion that the World Cup in Qatar may not be held until September.

How many did Spain/Portugal get?

Don't know yet. But even though ours was (by FIFA's own admission) the best Technical and Commercial bid, so how on earth can we have come 4th out of 4. What effin criteria is needed to win.

National TV not exposing them as a corrupt bunch of <deleted> might be a criteria. A few Rubles and Riyals would likely be seen as a positive factor also.

As an outsider, it appears to me that ''developing the game'' is a major criterion. Hence USA in 1994 and South Africa in 2010.

Another aspect of England/Britain/UK/GBR is that the spin/blah/bling may be impressive back at home, but is just simple hogwash, in the rest of the world.

What exactly, is David Cameron or Prince William, prime minister and prince of where ? Were there proposals to play matches in Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland ?

During the 2008 Beijing Olympics an educated Thai guy asked me. ''Khun Jombom, where is GBR . They have a lot of medals ?"

Oz only getting one vote is bullshit. How can a country like Qatar who have never qualified for aWC and will have to build most stadiums from scratch get it? Why would England only get 4 votes? Total corruption. Blatter is an arse!!!

Oz only getting one vote is bullshit. How can a country like Qatar who have never qualified for aWC and will have to build most stadiums from scratch get it? Why would England only get 4 votes? Total corruption. Blatter is an arse!!!

Qatar......there's only one city of note....surrounded by desert.......totally bizarre choice. Nothing could be more blatant than this.

I would look at it this way. No further need for the cringe inducing overtures to Blatter Warner and Co. If the voting figures are correct it is a disgrace in my opinion. England would be quite justified to tell Blatter he can shove the World Cup until there is a honest regime in FIFA.

yes, couldn't agree more. in fact there's even a case to say that england should boycott the 2014 and 2018 world cups. they'd damage fifa's brand, impact big time on the merchandise sold around a world cup and let's face it, it's not like they're going to win either of them anyway. . .

yes, couldn't agree more. in fact there's even a case to say that england should boycott the 2014 and 2018 world cups. they'd damage fifa's brand, impact big time on the merchandise sold around a world cup and let's face it, it's not like they're going to win either of them anyway. . .

Yes...ahem....Its about time England followed the rest of Britain and joined our long standing boycott of the world cup finals. ;)

I've been saying to the Boys that i really hope we don't qualify for Brazil..

We'll have a much better Tournament out there..

No grief, no ramped up prices, no Northerners singing Huddersfield Songs at 2 in the morning on the Copacabana looking for a Kebab & a complete neautreal Month with no pressure but to enjoy ourselves..B)

No grief, no ramped up prices, no Northerners singing Huddersfield Songs at 2 in the morning on the Copacabana looking for a Kebab & a complete neautreal Month with no pressure but to enjoy ourselves..B)

All joking aside....I've been gutted to miss so many world cup finals......and now thanks to these cun_ts I realise I needn't have bothered. From now on the season for me finishes in May and starts in August.

I won't be watching their <deleted> in future.

All joking aside....I've been gutted to miss so many world cup finals......and now thanks to these cun_ts I realise I needn't have bothered. From now on the season for me finishes in May and starts in August.

I won't be watching their <deleted> in future.

Well saldy i can't imagine i'd do either Russia or Qatar as i think most will be extortionate $$ & i'm not into being extorted without having a bit of fun..

I will have no problem being extorted for all sorts of things in Brazil though, hopefully without England there..:D

fifa seem to be on some kind of a mission to remove all the fun from a world cup. even in brasil there will probably be only budweiser 'beer' for sale in approved outlets, mcdonald's food and no local stuff, official samba zones and no dancing in the street allowed unless you're within photo shot of an official fifa sponsor's banner. . . .it's a big, fat fuc_king money-making exercise and if you really stand back from it and remove your emotion from the proceedings, it has absolutely fuc_k all to do with football. fifa could be hawking weetabix, coffee or reality television, fact is that they care not one jot about the wishes of their 'customers'.

To be honest i've been struggling with the fact that i'm far more interested with my club side than the whole international scene and frankly based on the events of recent times that won't be changing.

I'll quite likely be going to Brazil as this has always been a special country for me and a special place for football but Russia and Qatar holds no attraction whatsoever.

I'd be more than happy if England told FIFA to f_uck off and not bother with those two world cups.

I'd be more than happy if England told FIFA to f_uck off and not bother with those two world cups.

it's really going to take something like this to shake fifa up. they're a law unto themselves otherwise, they can just do what they want with impunity. and it stinks.

To be honest i've been struggling with the fact that i'm far more interested with my club side than the whole international scene and frankly based on the events of recent times that won't be changing.

I persoanlly think that's down to oher things than actually FIFA, like how poor our National Team is for example..

Me too, i used to follow England all ove rthe World when i was younger, have done 3 WC's, Euro Qualifiers Away from home, WC Qualifiers Away, Friendlies Away, you name it..

But one day it dawned on me that i was only doing it because i was English if that makes sense, i didn't enjoy it towarsds the end, i used to spend a fortune that i'd have preferred spending on going away with West Ham with & i absolutely despised certain Players too, so i stopped..

& like i say, following England away used to put me in situations that i'd just prefer not to be in, bad situations too on top of the imcrease in prices, Booze Bans, Police Forces that just wanted to smash you to bits just for being English & the attraction for every fcukign Lunatic in that Country to come & have a pop for the weekend that England were in Town..

Madness, give me, as a Football Fan, Englandless Tournaments ALL DAY LONG starting in Brazil, i'll have much more fun..

Just hearing now on Sky a suggestion that the World Cup in Qatar may not be held until September.

What! So the whole of Europe would have to totally re-arrange their football programme. If that is the case, why wasn't that slight "inconvenience" mentioned in the bid?

During the 2008 Beijing Olympics an educated Thai guy asked me. ''Khun Jombom, where is GBR . They have a lot of medals ?"

I would suggest that your "educated" Thai friend is bull sh1tting you about his level of education.

And so would I. I'm pretty sure Australia and USA might join in too.

I will have no problem being extorted for all sorts of things in Brazil though, hopefully without England there..:D

You won'tget your wish. Remember the qualification process is as fair as the bidding was. England will have a relatively easy passage due to the unfair seeding nonsense.

Same same but with a samba twist. I agree though it will be great fun in Brazil....probably the last great world cup for many years before and certainly after.

If its half as good as '82 then they'll be remembered.....I suspect it'll be better even than that.

You won'tget your wish. Remember the qualification process is as fair as the bidding was. England will have a relatively easy passage due to the unfair seeding nonsense.

Same same but with a samba twist. I agree though it will be great fun in Brazil....probably the last great world cup for many years before and certainly after.

If its half as good as '82 then they'll be remembered.....I suspect it'll be better even than that.

The '82 tournament was in Spain, but if the Brazillian team is anything similar to Tele Santana's team (and they can defend) then we'll all be in for a treat.

four years to save up for Brazil.

anyone wanna bet if I can make it? :D

your betting losses will contribute to my funds, so bet wisely :lol:

(on the other hand, if you all bet that 'yes miggy will make it' and then i dont ever get enough funds, and hence would not have made it. so u guys lose the bet, but then i win your betting money and can go afterall. what happens in that case? do I have to give u a refund?

and no im not drunk

Stop international aid now!!!!!!

These countries are more than happy to take our money but turn there back on us when there is also money to line there pockets.

Absolute fix, trully disgracefull. :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

I just got accused of Thai Bashing in the GD Forum although i don't believe i did so be careful Fella, double busy Jobsworths EVERYWHERE on this Forum...:D

Stop international aid now!!!!!!

These countries are more than happy to take our money but turn there back on us when there is also money to line there pockets.

Absolute fix, trully disgracefull. :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

are you seriously saying that you want to stop helping innocent people affected by natural disasters around the world because sepp blatter and his mates are bent?