Panel Beaters Or Paint Shop In Pattaya

kuffki

Hey guys, just trying to see if anyone knows a panel beating shop in Pattaya.

to cut the story short, my bike was knocked down by pro Thai driver(bike was parked at home).

Anyhow, my bike is a show bike and is fully customized, including the paint job.

Lucky for me, his insurance refused to cover new all over paint and shop that customized the bike can not just do the touch up(they insist need to repaint the entire bike)

So i am trying to find panel beaters in Pattaya, who may be able to fix up the damage without having to redo the whole bike.

All help is much appreciated in advance

Wow, not even 1 person knows where to find the shop????

Ok, how about the business name in Thailand???? ie in OZ they called panel beaters in Thailand they must have some kind of name also.

The Thais do have a name for them, but I seriously doubt you speak Thai. Maybe you could get a Thai to help you locate one.

I have never seen any dedicated paint or body shops within the city of Pattaya. Usually body work (panel beaters as you say in OZ), is done at car repair shops of auto dealers/repair shops who have matching colors. Although I have seen several body shops out in the sticks or boonies of the Pattaya area, but I have never seen them do touch up work. Motorcycle painting is usually done at custom motorcycle shops and usually are custom colors. Small motorbikes usually have the plastic panels replaced.

I could see why the custom motorcycle shop would not want do touch up work. Especially for a show bike! Chances of a color match are slim (unless it's black). If there is any custom pin striping, forget it! Each one is unique.

Your best chance is to try another custom motorcycle shop. There are several in Pattaya.

Good luck!

Ok, how about the business name in Thailand???? ie in OZ they called panel beaters in Thailand they must have some kind of name also.

The Thais do have a name for them, but I seriously doubt you speak Thai. Maybe you could get a Thai to help you locate one.

I have never seen any dedicated paint or body shops within the city of Pattaya. Usually body work (panel beaters as you say in OZ), is done at car repair shops of auto dealers/repair shops who have matching colors. Although I have seen several body shops out in the sticks or boonies of the Pattaya area, but I have never seen them do touch up work. Motorcycle painting is usually done at custom motorcycle shops and usually are custom colors. Small motorbikes usually have the plastic panels replaced.

I could see why the custom motorcycle shop would not want do touch up work. Especially for a show bike! Chances of a color match are slim (unless it's black). If there is any custom pin striping, forget it! Each one is unique.

Your best chance is to try another custom motorcycle shop. There are several in Pattaya.

Good luck!

Agreed. Change painters,get a second opinion. Or polyester based filler, some wet sanding- a touch-up of whatever color. Oh.. forgot the primer and maybe some spot putty . You may already know and if so disregard.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply.

I do speak Thai, but knowing specific terms is another matter.

Just for your information in English in Thailand its called auto body paint.

The bike modification shops do not do any of the paint jobs themselves, they all go to this body paint shops. The difference is body paint shop charges 5000 for the full bike, while the modification shop will charge 15 000.

You will not find even 1 motorcycle shop with equipment to do the colors-all is done by a third party, because to do the color you also need an "oven"

Anyhow, i have found 5 in Pattaya(the body paint shops) so will be going to see them.

Thanks anywaysmile.gif

• 7 months later...

I just took my Super Four fuel tank to a place on Sukhumvit called Mongkol Jaroenyont Garage. I get it back on Saturday so will have to wait and see what type of job they do. They were highly recommended from 2 friends of mine.

http://www.farangfriendly.com/Company/Mongkol-Jaroenyont-Garage-51456.aspx