Professional It Cafe / Complex / Environment ?

beerian

Any places in Bangkok (internet cafe style) where one can plug their laptop in for a few hours and browse the web, preferably with some ergonomic chair (by thai standard, that means any western desk chair), desk space, and preferably some privacy? Internet cafes seem to dump you on kiosk style machines in between a couple of kids playing Quake, not very conducive if using laptop for research for a few hours.

I would suggest to use the Internet areas offerred by hotels, they seldom if ever have anyone playing games in them and are usually quiet and comfortable in comparison to typical Internet cafes, you might have to pay a little more but its worth it.

I've never been there but Third Place Bangkok on 137/1 Sukhumvit 63 might be ok. I've heard you can rent "work stations" or some such thing by the day, week, month. I've thought of going there to do some work outside my house but never got around to it.

I've never been there but Third Place Bangkok on 137/1 Sukhumvit 63 might be ok. I've heard you can rent "work stations" or some such thing by the day, week, month. I've thought of going there to do some work outside my house but never got around to it.

I haven't used it for a while and not sure how the speed is but Gullivers on Soi 5 have (still?) free Internet and the restaurant area is little used and quiet during the early part of the day (opens 10am IIRC). Standard pub-restaurant tables and wooden chairs - bring your own cussions? Cost of a drink every hour or so...

Just a thought...

K.