Going To The Bathroom

onnut

I would NEVER enter a random restaurant/bar to pee or to poop. You can ALWAYS hold it on for at least 10mins. Seek professional help if you can't or go live in a hospice where you can shit your bed and they'll change you.

Never say never. Perhaps they found themselves at this restaurant ten minutes AFTER this theoretical 10 minute hold, searching the whole time for a way to go. I doubt there are many adults alive, healthy and otherwise, who haven't ever needed to go RIGHT NOW, and if a restaurant is where you are RIGHT NOW, so be it. Exceptions, the severely chronically constipated. Life is messy. This is part of being human, the level of control over random problems you suggest, now that's truly a dysfunctional way to live a life.

Yes I do understand business owner's resentment. I can see it isn't easy to tell the people in a crisis from people abusing them. However, I bet you they if truly in need would be the same as most people, and use a random bathroom when the need was immediate.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a general rule I wouldn't allow it, seems somewhat rude to me. Obviously if someone who uses your eatery from time to time and is caught short whilst passing then that's fine.

In fact, put a sign up in a prominent position, something like "If you don't eat here, you don't shit here" ;)

JUDAS.....Don't beat about the bush mate! “If you don't eat here, don't shit here”.....Very smooth! How about having that printed on the menu?

As I was once told when trying to use the toilet in some little bar in Honduras; “Hey man! There's a cover charge if you wanna drop your kids off at our pool!”...................<deleted>.....They go a pool? Took a few seconds, cost me a beer.

OP, good response to your topic..........I may start a topic tomorrow; “ Seat up, or down?”

I have had blocked toilets in the past, shitty boxer shorts, knickers and even a t-shirt once. people amaze me. why the <deleted> shove a t-shirt down a bog, Thai toilets have problems flushing a runny turd let alone a t-shirt.

:lol: Didnt you notice someone leaving the premises without a shirt on? :ermm:

I think it was coz I didnt stock up on bog roll :lol: so they had to wipe there arse on their shirt!

mate, this was Phuket, 10% of the customers were walking around with no shirt on. it cost 40K to dig up the floor and fix the pipes and to re-lay all the tiles again. :annoyed:

If you don't eat here, you don't shit here" ;)

It's cute but I wouldn't appreciate that kind of rude sentiment if I was a customer there. It comes off as mean spirited and petty. Plus who wants to think about that when ordering food? A better sign -- We cheat tourists and drunks!

Edited by Jingthing

I have had blocked toilets in the past, shitty boxer shorts, knickers and even a t-shirt once. people amaze me. why the <deleted> shove a t-shirt down a bog, Thai toilets have problems flushing a runny turd let alone a t-shirt.

:lol: Didnt you notice someone leaving the premises without a shirt on? :ermm:

I think it was coz I didnt stock up on bog roll :lol: so they had to wipe there arse on their shirt!

mate, this was Phuket, 10% of the customers were walking around with no shirt on. it cost 40K to dig up the floor and fix the pipes and to re-lay all the tiles again. :annoyed:

Look on the bright side......you got a free tshirt.

There's a 7/11 at every corner in thailand, if im about to die from intershitness i will go there and ask politely to use their toilets in the back, everybody can. If you use random toilets IMO you are a giant rude asshol_e, even if you ask the permission.

What's so special about 7-11 that it's OK to use their toilets but not a toilet in a restaurant or pub?

the owner of 7/11 is part of a multinational chain. His only role is to put money and let people do his job. He has someone hired to clean public toilets. People who own and take care of their business most often have to clean their own toilets.

I would NEVER enter a random restaurant/bar to pee or to poop. You can ALWAYS hold it on for at least 10mins. Seek professional help if you can't or go live in a hospice where you can shit your bed and they'll change you.

Never say never. Perhaps they found themselves at this restaurant ten minutes AFTER this theoretical 10 minute hold, searching the whole time for a way to go. I doubt there are many adults alive, healthy and otherwise, who haven't ever needed to go RIGHT NOW, and if a restaurant is where you are RIGHT NOW, so be it. Exceptions, the severely chronically constipated. Life is messy. This is part of being human, the level of control over random problems you suggest, now that's truly a dysfunctional way to live a life.

Yes I do understand business owner's resentment. I can see it isn't easy to tell the people in a crisis from people abusing them. However, I bet you they if truly in need would be the same as most people, and use a random bathroom when the need was immediate.

You are clearly lazy and self centered. I have held my shit in for 7hours back in highschool when i didnt wanna go in the disgusting toilets. My stomach hurt terribly and i felt sick for a day after but i held it in. Your ass is a muscle, you can ALWAYS hold it in.

There's a 7/11 at every corner in thailand, if im about to die from intershitness i will go there and ask politely to use their toilets in the back, everybody can. If you use random toilets IMO you are a giant rude asshol_e, even if you ask the permission.

What's so special about 7-11 that it's OK to use their toilets but not a toilet in a restaurant or pub?

the owner of 7/11 is part of a multinational chain. His only role is to put money and let people do his job. He has someone hired to clean public toilets. People who own and take care of their business most often have to clean their own toilets.

7-Eleven is a franchising business in most part of the world. I dont know about Thailand though. Edited by Forethat

You are clearly lazy and self centered. I have held my shit in for 7hours back in highschool when i didnt wanna go in the disgusting toilets. My stomach hurt terribly and i felt sick for a day after but i held it in. Your ass is a muscle, you can ALWAYS hold it in.

Eat more roughage, raw vegetables, fresh fruits, and spicy food (all good for you). You'll see!

As a medical matter, you should be informed that holding in wastes for long periods of time as a habitual thing is VERY unhealthy and can lead to serious damage to your body.

Maybe this is the key to the temperamental differences between liberals and conservatives.

I may indeed be lazy and self centered, but you crack me up.

Edited by Jingthing

Hello Play-mates,

I owned a pub/restaurant and I didn't have a problem with the occasional person coming off the street to use my facilities. First of all, if you got to to go, you've got to go. If I was in a similar position and I was refused, I wouldn't be too impressed by the owners inconsideration. It's not as if Thailand has much in the way of public facilities, so what do you expect someone to do? Secondly, as a business owner I saw it as an opportunity for someone to come in and briefly see my place. If the facilities were clean and the place looked liked nice and friendly, maybe they might come back.

I understand that if it was a constant stream of people coming in then maybe it might become an issue, but so long as it was occasional, it didn't concern me. If they didn't order a beer it didn't bother me, maybe they had friends waiting outside. Charging? What's the point? 5 baht , 10 baht, who cares? It would just make me look petty anyway.

It's cute but I wouldn't appreciate that kind of rude sentiment if I was a customer there. It comes off as mean spirited and petty. Plus who wants to think about that when ordering food? A better sign -- We cheat tourists and drunks!

I'm a little surprised Jingthing you didn't see the sarcasm in what I wrote. I was quoting “JUDAS” I actually agree with what you say. If I saw a sign like this in a restaurant, I think I would move on.

I'm a little surprised Jingthing you didn't see the sarcasm in what I wrote. I was quoting “JUDAS” I actually agree with what you say. If I saw a sign like this in a restaurant, I think I would move on.

You did indeed. I merely truncated that thread for brevity's sake. Now it has backfired. Oh well.

This thread reminds me of the scene in "Trainspotting" in which an American tourist enters a pub to use their bathroom. Which in turn, unfortunately, reminds me of the scene in the same film in which Renton drops his pills in the bowl...

SC

EDIT my apologies; I should have heeded my own advice