Pimp My Ride

rics21

Right have got light's fitted all seem's fine. Took snap's of box's + light's but TV still dosen't load them. Yes I know I told you I was a plonker. M.R.Oasis all ok till it got to TV then nothing. Oh well. Many thank's anyway. I dont know if there's a way to send them via TV to anyone to let them put on TV, let me know as they might be of interest to peep's. Once again many thank's MRO for your help. FOB

And this will explain why I posted the other image of the dump pipe, along with how to attach images larger than the standard TV thumbnails ;)

The link for Imageshack is: imageshack.us

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right have got light's fitted all seem's fine. Took snap's of box's + light's but TV still dosen't load them. Yes I know I told you I was a plonker. M.R.Oasis all ok till it got to TV then nothing. Oh well. Many thank's anyway. I dont know if there's a way to send them via TV to anyone to let them put on TV, let me know as they might be of interest to peep's. Once again many thank's MRO for your help. FOB

And this will explain why I posted the other image of the dump pipe, along with how to attach images larger than the standard TV thumbnails ;)

The link for Imageshack is: imageshack.us

Yes got all that 800x600, got it all into imageshack.us, then into TV that's when the st/t hit the fan said download enter , up came loading and then full stop. Am still waiting. Got a smart arse coming round tomorrow to help. But he's no MRO so I live in hope's. Then again tomorrow is another day. Edited by fredob43

such a wealth of information, thanks MRO

Gotta find that thread with the AC Filter...

A/C Filter:

acfilter.jpg

Thai vendor (430 Baht inc. EMS delivery) Phone: 081-714-0775 (Thai language only - zero English)

any idea, where can i get it done?

i m no good with DIY.

hey MRO where did u get the Bosch aerotwin? and how much ?

Genuine Bosch Aerotwin's cost 1200 Baht for both front wipers (19" + 22") inc. EMS delivery. Fitting is so easy it doesn't even qualify as a DIY ;)

Chinese copies can be had for about 500-700 Baht/set, but will not last/perform the same of course, perhaps an option if you're just interested in getting rid of the 1970's look though ;) Best place to find these is Khlong Thom markets.

My supplier for the genuine Bosch units was Khun Peng, phone 08-2687-6911 (speaks a little English).

hey MRO where did u get the Bosch aerotwin? and how much ?

Genuine Bosch Aerotwin's cost 1200 Baht for both front wipers (19" + 22") inc. EMS delivery. Fitting is so easy it doesn't even qualify as a DIY ;)

Chinese copies can be had for about 500-700 Baht/set, but will not last/perform the same of course, perhaps an option if you're just interested in getting rid of the 1970's look though ;) Best place to find these is Khlong Thom markets.

My supplier for the genuine Bosch units was Khun Peng, phone 08-2687-6911 (speaks a little English).

called khun peng, but the number isnt working/ unavailable.

so any ideas where to get those?

where is better The Mall or Klong Thom?

i am really lazy to drive to klong thom again, the traffic there is so bad and the parking there is too limited.

i am really lazy to drive to klong thom again, the traffic there is so bad and the parking there is too limited.

Here's Peng's email address - grab this before the mods see it and delete it :)

chanin_peng[at]hotmail.com

I know you will laugh but l bought some ' silicone ' wipers in Tesco, they work great although they have the old design technology. Better than the factory kit, only downside is the blade is white. :)

No laughing, at least you changed them! :) Most people leave wipers on way past their service life (~12-18 months) and become road hazards the moment it rains.

I know you will laugh but l bought some ' silicone ' wipers in Tesco, they work great although they have the old design technology. Better than the factory kit, only downside is the blade is white. :)

No laughing, at least you changed them! :) Most people leave wipers on way past their service life (~12-18 months) and become road hazards the moment it rains.

thanks MRO, i will email him shortly.

i will try to get the bosch.

thanks MRO, i will email him shortly.

i will try to get the bosch.

no reply from khun peng, so i called the bosch thailand, they gave me the number of a dealer at worajak.

called the dealer and was told that they dont carry aerotwin.

totally confused at the moment.

no reply from khun peng, so i called the bosch thailand, they gave me the number of a dealer at worajak.

I've also sent an email, will let you know if/when I hear back..

BTW, got some projector fog lights with ccfl rings, just need to get some xenon's and fit them ;)

08122010493.jpg

Beam pattern is perfect - I can go as bright as I want with them :)

I've also sent an email, will let you know if/when I hear back..

BTW, got some projector fog lights with ccfl rings, just need to get some xenon's and fit them ;)

08122010493.jpg

Beam pattern is perfect - I can go as bright as I want with them :)

nice......

this is really getting interesting.

Now how much were those Cabrones, MRO? they HID?

where can i get em?

Projectors were 1800 baht/set from R-Style, and came with standard H3 halogen bulbs. They have two models - one with white CCFL rings and the other with blue CCFL rings. I chose the blue to match my FITT mirror covers ;)

Now fitted along with a 35w 4300k xenon kit. Fitting was not strictly straight-forward however - you'll need a collection of nuts, bolts and washers to do it as the projectors are ~20mm narrower than the OEM foglights. The trick is to flip the OEM bracket around so it's back-to-front, then it all lines up perfect. :thumbsup: The CCFL's are hooked up to the parking light circuit.

xenonfoglight1.jpg

xenonfoglight2.jpg

xenonfoglight3.jpg

Wow, the difference with the xenon foglight projectors is great :thumbsup:

OEM headlights (projectors) with 4300K HID Xenon:

xenonfoglight4.jpg

As above, plus foglight projectors with 4300K HID Xenon - as you can see there's no additional light output above the OEM headlight cutoff, except for that reflected by the road:

xenonfoglight5.jpg

And just in case you think I might be blinding traffic, here's a pic at head-height for a small car:

xenonfoglight6.jpg

And here's what the road and small animals see :)

xenonfoglight7.jpg

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Khun Peng just got back to me and confirmed the phone number and email address I've already supplied is correct. :huh: Not sure if you want to try again?

Khun Peng just got back to me and confirmed the phone number and email address I've already supplied is correct. :huh: Not sure if you want to try again?

MRO, it will be good if u can get me the phone number.

was caught in the rain this morning and the wipers totally failed to work.

maybe i parked in the sun too often? should i lift up the wipers after i park? it will be so troublesome.

maybe i parked in the sun too often? should i lift up the wipers after i park? it will be so troublesome.

Aerotwin vendor: 082-6876-911 (Khun Peng)

As for your problem, it depends on why they failed to work.. Was it because they were stuck to the windscreen, or something else? If the former, the Aerotwins will help - their synthetic rubber resists sticking much better than the OEM rubbers.

Aerotwin vendor: 082-6876-911 (Khun Peng)

As for your problem, it depends on why they failed to work.. Was it because they were stuck to the windscreen, or something else? If the former, the Aerotwins will help - their synthetic rubber resists sticking much better than the OEM rubbers.

great thanks MRO,

my colleague bought me a pair of "B50" silicone ones. so i m trying them on at the moment.

contacted Khun Peng and he is in Chiang mai, didnt wanted to bother his family, so i will stick with the silicone wipers 1st.

Edited by rics21

Hey guys, am sitting here in Mitsu service centre- supposed to be here for 5k, but they claim they are no longer doing it - people on the web claiming its unnecessary - as in why pay 171b for a check-up when no oil or anything is being changed??

I need to have my breaks checked anyway - as they are squealing on a slow break. That is normally 300b to check; they say they'll check it for the 171b 5k service fee.

Can someone give us a run-down of how the service scheduling is supposed to work?

Hey guys, am sitting here in Mitsu service centre- supposed to be here for 5k, but they claim they are no longer doing it - people on the web claiming its unnecessary - as in why pay 171b for a check-up when no oil or anything is being changed??

I need to have my breaks checked anyway - as they are squealing on a slow break. That is normally 300b to check; they say they'll check it for the 171b 5k service fee.

Can someone give us a run-down of how the service scheduling is supposed to work?

The 5,000 KM intervals are only if you have the 5year/150,000km warranty - if you miss three of them, your warranty reverts to 3years/100,000KM.

You should have two service books for the car - the main book which has the 10,000KM service intervals, and a separate, smaller "coupon" book for the 5,000KM extended warranty service intervals.

Do NOT trust the dealer on this one - three strikes and your extended warranty is out.

Thanks MRO. I have the 'diamond warrnty' - and both books.

He didn't stamp either book until I got them out and asked him to - he's stamped and signed the larger book, but left the smaller one alone.

Pg 17 of the larger book has the service intervals at every 5k as well - is just getting this stamped sufficient? Or should I take the small book back to them as well??

MRO, do you think their claim that they have stopped using the 5k service because of 'internet chatter' is pure BS?? (sounds like it to me, but I wouldn't think a mitsu dealer could outright lie like that ) If so, how do I check? Do I contact a Mitsu head office somewhere?? And do I start servicing elsewhere?

Thanks. And please let me know where I can buy you a beer or three (happy to leave credit somewhere).

Thanks MRO. I have the 'diamond warrnty' - and both books.

He didn't stamp either book until I got them out and asked him to - he's stamped and signed the larger book, but left the smaller one alone.

Pg 17 of the larger book has the service intervals at every 5k as well - is just getting this stamped sufficient? Or should I take the small book back to them as well??

MRO, do you think their claim that they have stopped using the 5k service because of 'internet chatter' is pure BS?? (sounds like it to me, but I wouldn't think a mitsu dealer could outright lie like that ) If so, how do I check? Do I contact a Mitsu head office somewhere?? And do I start servicing elsewhere?

Thanks. And please let me know where I can buy you a beer or three (happy to leave credit somewhere).

The stamp should have gone into the warranty extension book - that's your proof of validity for the 5 year/150,000KM warranty.

I've heard nothing re: the service necessity being canceled, and I definitively haven't been supplied with any official letters stating my 150,000KM warranty is now valid without the need for the 5,000KM services (which is what it would take - the conditions are in writing in the book).

For clarification, you can contact MMTH customer service at: customer.plus [at] th.mitsubishi-motors.com

try Mitsu Kwang Thai, they stamped all the entries.

i called Mistu Thailand the other day to ask them about the engine oil and servicing for the 10,000km. i m going deep south this new year holidays and may not be able to go in for servicing till 13,000km.

was told if i miss or delay the the servicing for 3 times and the 5year warranty will be canceled by default.

Cheers. Have emailed MMTH. How long should I wait for a response?

In future I can just take it to any other mitsu service centre, correct?

MMTH usually respond within a day or two..

Yes, you can get the car serviced at any Mitsubishi dealership. My 1,000KM was done in Pattaya, my 5,000 in Chiangmai etc.

The dealer who did the 5,000KM up in CM stamped the right books and appeared to understand how the extended warranty works - they were located roughly here: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=18.766917,99.028868&spn=0.000653,0.001929&z=19