Non-immigrant B And O

I am now holding a Non-Immigrant B for last 3 Yrs in Thailand and my work-permit is under this VISA.

Now I am in a position to apply for the Non-Immigrant O as I have fulfilled the requirements very recently.

What will give me more benefits when it comes to applying for PR in the future?

Can I do this conversion by staying in Thailand or do I have to go to the embassy in my country to do this?

Thank you

Can I do this conversion by staying in Thailand or do I have to go to the embassy in my country to do this?

THAI Immigration can switch your visa status while you are in Thailand, it may take a few short extensions but i had it done. then apply for a one year extension based on support . You will need a new work permit to match your visa type & dates.

I can't guess...... I can't guess. The O is not only for marriage. You must not break the continuity, so ask if they'll change the category at Immigration without breaking continuity. You'll need your marriage papers and your wifes ID card and probably her house registration too. I think you'll find the O marginally better,as long as your accumulation of 3 years isn't broken, but that is just my opinion.

Can one get a Work Permit on an 'O'?

That is a very good question. I'd been led to believe that you need a 90 day 'B' in your passport - then Work Permit comes thereafter. If you have an 'O' in your passport, then you go back to square one.

I hope i'm wrong as it does not seem too far-fetched that a 'Category O' entrant would be seeking work - if only to support the family !

Can one get a Work Permit on an 'O'? If you have an 'O' in your passport, then you go back to square one.

I hope i'm wrong as it does not seem too far-fetched that a 'Category O' entrant would be seeking work - if only to support the family !

It is only to support a Thai family, but the regulations are ambiguous, that's why I suggested that he go to Immigration and talk it over.